Filters for blog pages

Hi guys, I've got a page where people can find all our blog articles using the theme Blog element in Visual Composer. I want to use the filters so have selected show filters and they appear OK.

I want know how to stop the filters from appearing in the 'open state' where they show all options. There is a close box (X) at the bottom which closes them but I want them to be closed when they load the page. 

Also, how can I remove the "tags" filter option from displaying completely so its just "Categories" and 'Authors'?

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • I don't really understand why you need an image in relation to this question? And yes the site is not yet released but we don't want to take it out of maintenance until all our issues are resolved. 

Anyway I've uploaded a screen shot as requested at https://snag.gy/BWriOR.jpg

You will see the filters at the top of the page. Directly under it though you will see ALL and all of my categories are showing. Underneath those the next ALL is for my tags (which I have 100s of). 

Hope that helps! 
  • We really need the link to this page so we could inspect the code, please come back when the website is accessible.
    thanks
  • its not feasible for me to publicly release a site that has errors on it or is not working as expected. I'm happy to provide login for you if this will help. 
  • You can send it privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks