BESTORY - Smart Phone View Issue

edited January 2018 in Files & images
Hi,

My website is sushidiningaoi.com and I use bestory template for my web. I have no issue when viewing my home page with PC or even Smartphone view using WP Bakery but when I use real smart phone,  only a small part of images is displayed and there is no parallax effect as on PC.  

Another issue is that under Smartphone view, the different part of the background image is showed. Are we able to show the image as we show on the background image. 

Hope to have your support on this issue

Comments

• HI,
    if you want the background image to look the same on a phone then you need to change the background size to 'contain'. Now it is probably set to auto or cover.
    The parallax effects on mobile are disabled or the mobile device does not support those effects.
    This is normal.
    thanks
  • Thank for your quick reply, but

1) After I change to background image size from "auto" to "contain". There is no change, the unwanted part of image is displayed ( please find the image attached)
    2) I use Iphone 7 ( parallax effect is turned on ) but the effect on my website is not active. I also try with other phone but it does not work.  However, these phones can display the effect on the original bestory theme in your website.

• Could you please send links to the coresponsing pages so we can check, screenshots will not help that much.
    thanks
  • sushidiningaoi.com
  • The image is just too small, please upload a larger image.
  • 1) There is no change with using larger images. But when I try to have another image in middle, the background image is bigger.

2) The parallax still does not work. Would you please spend more time to take care this issue. If you need to login the wordpress , please advise me 
  • 1. We checked and now it works fine, the image is 1200px in hight wich is enough but on larger screens it may be not enough.
    2. You can enable the parallax effect in theme options>responsive>general but it will not work on all devices.
  • Dear Muffin,

- Your original picture in the template is also 1920x1200 so I don't know why you say that my image is not big enough. 
    - My phone and my friend phones ( many phones) can view parallax effect on the template Bestory but can not view on my site. I don't know why it does not work because I only reply the background image only.

Would you please take a serious check on my website and support me with a valid feedback

• Okay but I already told you that the parallax effect needs to be enabled in theme options for mobile.
    We suggest also taking a look into the size of the images, they are over 1mb each which is not good.

There is a notice below the field, have you read it?
    http://prntscr.com/hyfzjk
    You need to do to theme options>addons&plugins>addons and change the parallax plugin to 'translate3d'

•  Hi Muffin,

It is already set with my theme so the issue is still there. Do you have any other suggestion ?
  • Hey, we are not responsible for how the parallax effect works on mobile devices, sorry but we cannot help with this. It is not a theme issue but a compatibility issu with mobile browsers.
  • Such an irresponsible and unreasonable answer from a big company. If the issue is caused by mobile browsers, would you explain that with the same browser and the same mobile, I can see the effect on the original template but can not see it on my website.

I don't know who in Muffin team answered my question and if you have discussed with other colleagues about this issue or not: You answer is not convincible to me at all.
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Sorry but your wordpress is not accessible, it loads and loads forever until a timeout appears. Can you please contact your hosting provider and ask him about that? What country is the server located in?

• The server is located in Vietnam. I have just try and it is ok. Please try it again.
  • Sorry but we get timed out. Please maybe try to disable all plugins, it may help. It looks like the server timeout value is very low.

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.
  • This issue would be resolved a long, long time ago if you would taken the steps we suggested.
    We enabled it.
    Now it works.
  • Thank you Muffin team