Menu background color

If i'm using the 'Stack:Left' header layout is there any way to give the menu a background color that spans the entire width of the site.
Just the background color not the whole menu. 

The only way I've accomplished this so far is to modify the header template file to have the menu live in it's own container outside the Top_bar container or give the sub header a top padding or border and give it a negative margin so it sits under the menu.

Any ideas? Thanks! 

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • No problem, so the first image is the menu without a background and the second is what I accomplished by adding a top padding and negative margin to the layer slide below the menu to give the allusion that the menu has a full width background.

You can't accomplish this by simply adding background color to the menu container because it sits inside the Top_bar container that is only as wide as the grid width, unless I'm completely missing something.

Thanks in advance!
  • This will be only possible with custom css. Please send a link to this page.
  • Okay I was just making sure. I've been able to implement it before just hoping there was a built in way to do the same thing. 

Maybe a future update? I know i'm not the only one that wants to do the same thing.

Love you guys, thanks!