How to insert a shortcode in Betheme

Hi Support,

Sorry for asking what is probably a very basic question - but I checked the documentation and didn't see any information in the beginning of the shortcode section for how to insert a shortcode. To date, I haven't used shortcodes but have used the backend version of WPBakery Page Builder.

Anyways, I tried "Adding an element" and there isn't an option for shortcode.

Best I can tell, to insert a shortcode I need to switch to the "code" view (rather than back-end or front-end visual page builder) and find the spot to insert the short code, and insert it directly into the code. While this works the drawback is that the shortcode doesn't display in the back-end visual page builder.

First, is that the proper way to insert shortcodes?

Second, if that's the case, could you PLEASE add onto the feature request list to create a Muffin Builder element that would be "insert shortcode". It would be a basic little widget with two inputs:
- one would be a title that would only display in the back-end page builder as a placeholder
- second would be the code input where the shortcode would be added

This would enable those of us using the WPBakery Page Builder (whether backend or frontend) to see a visual indicator of where the shortcode is, along with our label/title. 

Would make working with shortcodes 100 times easier (again, for those of us using the visual builder).

Thanks!

Comments

• HI,
    shortcodes are not items, they are just strings on text and they can be inserted by simply copy/pase.
    Here is a link to all shortcodes and items in Betheme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/splash/

For now the visual builder does not have a option for inserting shortcodes but the column item does.
    thanks
  • Great - thanks. I hope you'll add shortcode as a Muffin Builder object option. That would be REALLY handy for those of us using the visual builders.

Anyways, for the column - when I edit a column (in the back end visual builder) there are General option, Design Options, and Responsive Options. Does the shortcode go into one of those?
  • I think you do not understand how shortcodes work. They are just text that calls for an object to appear on the frontend, so you do not paste it in option but in the content, like you would normal text. Remember to paste the shortcodes in text mode, not in visual mode (like in the wordpress editor)
  • Ah, ok, that makes sense.

But yes, please do add ability to add shortcode into the visual editor! Would be a really nice option to have for those who use visual editor!