Menu to open in new tab option and link color option?

Is there a way to have a menu URL link open in a new tab rather than in the same tab?

Also, can I change the color of a link (before it's clicked and after?) on a page?  I tried doing it within the html but it didn't seem to work correctly? (it didn't change the color, so I assume there is a general overall rule for the color?)

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Here was the code I used to change the link color but it didn't work....

• "<br><a href="http://ceramicprocharlottenc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Coupon-1.pdf"<font color="0000" target="_blank">Click to Download PDF of Coupon (then Print PDF)</font></a>"
  • Hi Joe,
    <a href="URL" target="_blank">TITLE</a>
    This is how it should look
    thanks
  • I tried that code in the Appearance/Menu page but it didn't save it and therefor wouidn't work?
    Is there some other place I can use that code or the main menu URLS to open in a new tab?

Also, is there a way to change the color of a URL link both before and after you click on it from a webpage on the site?

I tried using the code above but it didn't work?

Thanks
  • If you want to use it in the menu, there is an option for that.
    See screen: http://prntscr.com/i2knaq
    thanks
  • Thanks for the Menu screen shot, that did the trick and fixed the issue.

Do you have a fix for the second question?
    2- Is there a way to change the color of a URL link both before and after you click on it from a webpage on the site?  (It seems there is a global command that has it set a certain way but when I use a different background, it would help if I can change the color of the link both before and after it's clicked on, on one of my pages)

Thanks
  • You can only change te colors of links via theme options>colors>content, there is no local setting, unless you are using a button item or shortcode.
    thanks
  • Thanks, that did the trick!
  • Is there a way to shorten the space between the top of the webpage and the next section?

I would like for the "Customer Vehicle Video's to be moved up so that it's displayed between the Ceramic Pro Icon on the left and the menu on the right but with the same grey background.

I was looking for a way to just shorten the length of this top section (shrink it down) so it looks like the above if possible?  If I remove it altogether, with the Subheader Hide button, then it removes the grey background and doesn't put it between the icon/menu???

Is there a better way to do this?
  • Could you please attach some screenshots for better understanding?
    Which icon do you have in mind.
    thanks
  • Yes, here are some screen shots:
    Before....the way it is now

imageimage

And this is the way I want it too look...
    (by moving up the text and removing like 3 inches of the grey background from the top of the webpage.

• Hi,
    if you want to decrease the height of the subheader then please go to theme options>header&subheader>subheader and change the padding value.
    thanks
  • Is that a site wide change or can I just do it for this one webpage?

I would like to JUST do it for this one webpage and not all the others where I want to keep it as is (since I have large pictures and need the extra space).

So my homepage has the large picture in the subheader and I want to keep it that way....
    www.ceramicprocharlottenc.com
  • Maybe using a layout?
  • Sorry but the subheaders cannot be adjusted using layouts.
    If you want it one the same page just disable the subheader on this page and make a section that looks like to subheader.