Filter excluding a category

edited January 2018 in Blog
Hello,

I am testing the BeTheme.  In the page "Blog, Portfolio & Shop - Blog", I have written a category in "Excluded category" because I don't want it shows in the filter. I have set the filter to show only categories BUT I don't want the excluded category.  When I look on the site, I see the excluded category.  

How can I select only category in the filter without the excluded category ?

Thank you,

Comments

• Hi,
    are you using the default wordpress blog page then it should work fine, maybe your using a blog item?
    thanks
  • I used the BeTheme options.  When I asked for filtering only on categories, it works. But when I tried to exclude one of the categories, it does nothing.

I clicked on BeTheme; Theme options; Blog, Porfolio & Shop; Blog.  

In the section "Options", in the field "Exclude category", I have written the category that I want to exclude.  In the field "Filters", I have selected  "Show only categories".

• Okay but if you are using a blog item then the theme options will nto work for it, each item has its own option on edit. Only the automaticaly generated blog page takes the theme options.
    thanks
  • I don't use a blog item.  For now, I just make some tests on BeTheme to understand how it works. I didn't change a lot of things.

So I didn't add a blog item.  I use the blog the way it was set by your company using BeTheme - theme options only.  

And I tried to exclude a category from those options and it didn't work.

Should it work or not ?

• This is why I asked if you have set the blog in settings>reading because the page you select in theme options>blog is only for the home page, if you would like to display blog posts on the home page.

See screen: http://prntscr.com/i92p3w

The settings and looks may vary in the default blog page and the blog item.

• I'm not sure I understand you correctly.  The changes I made in "Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog" changes the setup of the page "Blog" and not the "Home page".

In settings>reading, I had set the same thing that you showed me in your screen.

I speak about the blog page and not the home page.  I have made some changes to see how the menu react and it changed in the blog page.

For the blog page, I used the one you have set as "Articles and stories", the default one, imageand I didn't use a blog item.  Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "blog item".  Do you mean in a page, if I click on "Add item" and click on "Blog" ? I didn't do that.

Click on the link below.  I explain what I have done.

• Your all settings are correct, I meant something else but this is important for this case.
    The category your trying the exlude is not working because you are typing in the cateogory name, not the slug.
    Category name = Uncategorized
    Category slug = uncategorized

Just place all lower case, do not capitalize.
    thanks
  • That was so simple !  Thank you very much !