Can't achieve header with background image.

I am trying to set an image as the header background.  I have gone into BeTheme options and into Header and then scrolled down to Background and added the desired image (which is a strip of the recommended width and a hundred or so pixels deep) but when I load the website the header is just plain white.  I have tried lots of different things including minimalist and boxed sticky header and so on but all to no avail.  There was one setting where I was able to see a few pixels of the bottom of my header image sticking out under the header whiteness but that is the closest I have managed.  This site (the BeTheme forum) has what I am looking for, a single image behind the logo and menu..  I can't seem to achieve it though.

I would be very appreciative for your help.

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • Hi there, Thanks for your reply.  sorry about that, the address is www.dinistrio.com though I am not sure how much use that will be as it is just an empty site with no image behind the header.

• You have the minimalist header selected, please go to theme options>header&subheader>header and change the minimalist option.
    You can add a header image there globally for testing.
    You can also leave the header as it is and use the subheader instead, it is also good for placing images and it also gives you the ability to display titles and breadcrumbs
  • edited February 2018
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I have disabled Minimalist (please see the included image, it is set to 'Parallax' but I had the same result with 'Center Top No-Repeat') but there is still no image showing behind the title and menu though there is a sliver of it sort of sticking out underneath the menu and header.  Am I adding the image in the wrong place?  Lots of sites have images behind the menu and title so I am sure it is a standard feature of the theme, it's just that I can't find it.

Many thanks.

• Okay but from what I can see you are adding a tiny image where the image for parallax should be very tall and wide.
  • Parralax is just something that I tried becasue I couldn't get anything else to work.  I have added an image behind the top part of the site where the menu and title are.  The image is approximately the same height and width of the area I hope to cover.

Could I just ask that you explain how to achieve that please or possible direct me to a post that contains instructions?
  • You have to also set the transparency for the header and menu area so that you could see the image, go to theme options>global>general and enable those transparency options.
    thanks