Maximum number of sidebars

What is the maximum allowed / possible sidebars in Betheme. I lost allready 3 times the content of a sidebar.
I defined 12 sidebars. It looks if 11 is the maximum for having content. It let's me define the content, it looks ok but afterwards the content is gone. If I open the sidebar in wp-admin/widgets the definition of the sidebar is still there but with no content

The URL is: solidifytraining.nl

Regards,
Fred

Comments

• Correction. It seems that the max is 10. One of the sidebars is displayed however the widget definition is empty. The strange thing is that it looks okay but after a while it disappears. My guess is rather minutes then hours. .

I was rather busy editing tekst in all pages since I got feedback from my customer. But I am really worried if that has anything to do with it.
  • Hi,

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. If you are chatting with support via email, please do not post here.
    2. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    3. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks
  • I beleive I did what you asked. I sent an email using the email facility offered in the page you indicated. Unfortunately I do not understand me sending a link to this discussion other than using the email facility as I explained.

• The link to this disscussion is for the support on email to know more about the issue by looking here.
    thanks
  • The status of my issue is that support instructed me to let the provider change the server settings: max_execution_time to 180 and max_input_vars to 10000.
    Unfortunately my provider is not willing to make an exception on my behalf and we are stuck here.
    In the mean time I made an instance back-up using "Duplicator" and got rid of half of the sidebars (It is a bilingual site)

I can imagine the Betheme wants to solve this nasty issue and so I did set-up a local instance om my desktop and modified these settings did not change anything. Still the same problem. I also removed Polylang to be sure to focus on Betheme: No change. I offered to make a "Duplicator" instance available for testing at Betheme. Waiting for an answer.
  • It also may be caused by other plugins, try to work with as little plugins as possible. But if the settings does not save more sidebars then it could be max_input_vars or memory_limit.
    Also upgrade the php version to 7.
    thanks
  • Based on the answer below from your support collegue via email:

Also, don’t you think that this is weird that you are the
    only one who have such problem? We are sure that it has nothing to with the
    theme itself and that’s why we do not have any alternative suggestion.

I have decided to move away from sidebar's. It is a bit playing with CSS code to make it look like a sidebar but I managed.