Adding Page Options to Custom Post Type

I am using the WP-Types extension for a custom database website and I need to have the ability to add the Post Options to the Custom Post Types. I see that this was requested here: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/16056/how-to-add-page-options-to-a-custom-post-type and at the time it was not supported. We would love to be able to use your BeTheme template on our website but this is critical as the majority of our website is built out with a number of different custom post types. 

Is this possible to do?

Comments

• Primarily I need to be able to control the header image for the custom post types but from what I can tell thats only done through the header image section in the post options section. Is there possibly a way to force the header image to always use the featured image?
  • Hi,

What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks
  • Are you not the author of the BeTheme? I am the web developer for this website and I found a previous solution to this problem but it would appear that the proposed solution offered on your forum here is no longer functioning due to an update altering how this system functions. 
  • The question that I asked would be simple for me to accomplish on my own if I had an answer to what the name of the function is called that I can plug into the older function. 
  • Ideally I just need the function name the creates the page options in the backend and I can perform the steps to add it on the custom post system, or provide another option for getting the featured image to be used as the page header for all post types from the theme settings. 
  • Sorry but we do not have the resources on the forum to tell you which function or file it is exctly. Like we said earlier, we do not support theme files modification.
    thanks
  • but I am not asking you to make the modifications for me. I simply need information on the function since you have changed the function name with a more recent update. I myself am a developer but I have not been able to pul the information from the files directly. 
  • edited February 2018
    The function is named  mfn_builder_show() and it is inside functions/builder/front.php
    and it is called in functions/meta-…php files.
  • Hi dharward did you solve the problem? I'm on the same situation...