404 Error After Page Update

Hello,

I get a 404 error whenever I try and update this specific page:

I'm running the latest version of Wordpress and the Be Theme. What can I do?

Comments

• More specifically, this occurs when using more than 2 rows in the Muffin editor on any new page. 

Please help!
  • Hi,

if you got 404, it means the problem is with limits on your server and you should contact with hosting provider. Or maybe you will be able to fix it yourself, just like one of our users did on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/comment/1704/#Comment_1704
  • I've increased the memory limit and it looks like that has fixed my problem. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!
  • edited August 2014
    @muffingroup

I have changed the memory allocation setting but it doesn't seem to fix the issue in my case.  Any suggestions?

I added the following to the customized section to start off with and then also moved it to the top of the wp-config.php file and still no luck.

/** Increased Memory Allocation*/
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
  • @CicorMarketing If this solution won`t work for you, then you must contact with your hosting provider because this issue it nos related with theme at all.

Thanks for understanding!
  • @muffingroup ;

I spent three hours on the phone with the hosting company today.  Even their experts can't figure this out.  I have sent you a PM with greater details regarding this issue.
  • We already checked your website and everything is fine. We sent you more details on pm. If you have any questions in this case, please reply only on private message. Thanks for understanding!
  • @Muffingroup - I am getting the error 404 page after I add a certain amount of paragraphs to my page. I've tried adding the text content to my page in several different ways and every time after I add a certain amount of text (which is not a long paragraph page) I keep getting the error 404 page. Ive increased my memory limit to 512M and I still have the same issue, Please help.
  • @edvega81 In this case you must contact with hosting provider because problem is not related with theme. You can ask especially about max_input_vars and max_input_time variables to be increased on server`s side.
  • @muffingroup - I gave this a try and increased the variables but I still get the error 404. I know this seems to be an issue not with the template but could you possibly point me in the right direction so I can fix this issue?

These are the changes I made using a .user.ini file:

memory_limit = 256M;
    upload_max_filesize = 64M;
    post_max_size = 100M;
    max_input_vars = 5000;
    max_input_time = 2000;
    max_execution_time = 60000;

And the MSQL Wait Time is set to 60 by default, and the Max Allowed Packets is set to 33554432. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to fix this for the past 2 weeks, Thank you.

• If you changed above values and still won`t work then we really have no idea what could be the reason of error 404. We have never met with anything similar and to be honest we are not able to help in this case because this problem is definitely related with something else then code.
  • I'm now seeing the same thing. I made the same changes to the .user.ini file, and still get 404's on certain pages (but not all).

I've contacted the host (GoDaddy), and they are unable to determine any problem. Did this ever get investigated or solved any further?
  • @danlinton changes in user.ini file are not solution in many cases. Many servers (like GoDaddy as well) has got lot's of limits because they simply share server because too many users. They won't never tell you that but this is how the truth looks like.
  • I have issues updating pages that specifically have the Accordion or Toggle shortcode on them. I have added memory and reuploaded the newest wordpress update. Is there anything malfunctioning with the accordion shortcode in particular?
  • @scthrive What's your issue exactly?
  • I'm having the same issue as everyone else, it seems to be an on-going issue. I have a dedicated server with GoDaddy that houses my client's websites. 

However, this is the only theme that I'm having an issue with. I've sent an email and we've done everything you guys suggested. We created a new php file and sent you the link. Then you said to increase the file limit. We've done that, as well. It still doesn't work.

Again, this is the only theme that I'm having an issue. with. Please help.
  • elevatedigitalmedia
    This could be also the PHP version or third party plugins. Please continue the conversation with the email support. They will help you for sure.
    thanks
  • I am having the same issue as well. I get a 404 error every time I try to add simple <table> to a column item.
  • fourblend
    This is weird. What if you add other content or create a new page with only a table?
    Do you have a lot of plugins? Try disablin them when testing this issue.
    thanks
  • I am facing similar problem too. after added more than 10 sections it starts to shows error 404 whenever I want to save the page. Even if I remove all the sections (basically become empty page), I still cannot save it. Here is my Server Environment:

Server Info: Apache
    MySQL Version: 5.5.59
    PHP Version: 7.0.30
    PHP Memory Limit: 512 MB
    PHP Time Limit: 240
    PHP Max Input Vars: 5000
    WP Max Upload Size: 2 MB
    cURL: yes
    DOMDocument: yes
  • Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • It is still under development and not yet ready for public. but i can create temporary login for you. may I have your email please?
  • For now, please increase your PHP MAX Input Vars to 10000
    It should solve your problem.
    Thanks
  • it's still the same
  • Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. If you are chatting with support via email, please do not post here.
    2. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    3. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks