How to copy and paste muffin Builder content from one page to another and not lose original content

I am trying to copy muffin builder content to another page, but when I Export > Import, all the origianl content desapears :/

Comments

• We tested it already and we do not lose any content while we do it so something must be on your side. If you want, send us access to your dashboard on pm with detailed explanation where you did it and how and we'll have a look on it.
  • edited December 2014
    I think I understand the problem, because I do have the same. If I try to Export single Elements (Items or complete sections) to copy elements between pages, it always exports everything from muffin builder. So far, so good, I could easily delete the not-needed elements in the new page. But: If I try to import the Elements into a new page, the old elements in that page are overwritten by the imported content. If there was an option to just ADD the imported content instead of Overwrite the old one, this would be great!

My Task: To copy single pricing items from a page into a already created (and filled) article. It would be so much easier if I didn't need to create the same pricing items in the article manually...
  • I have the same problem like Bender1012. I need to duplicate single site elements from one page to another.

Have you already impemented the functionality? How far down the featurelist is it right now?

Thanks
    Patric
  • @magazino No, we did not implemented it yet. It is on our list but we got tons of other requests that must be done first. Thanks for understanding.
  • We keep waiting..... Thx
  • I have the same problem. It would be great to have this feature
  • This option will be ready with next update (tomorrow). Will be also option to create own templates so you can easily add them into pages via Muffin Builder tool.
  • This sounds like a great option! I need this one too!
  • edited July 2015
    Did you implement the copy/clone single item functionality? I have installed the latest BeTheme update, but I cannot find an option to do this (e.g. copy or clone a single section (item) like 'Opening Hours' from one page to another). Thanks!
  • @fishmonkeyman You can not copy single section but you can copy whole content from single page. And this can be done with Import/Export buttons which are under Muffin Builder section in the right bottom corner.
  • OK, that's a pity. Thanks for the quick reply.
  • Hi Did you finally manage to implement this into the theme, if so can you explain where ity is please?
  • @Galtec2015 Please check the right bottom corner of Muffin Builder where Import/Export option is.
  • So did this ever happen, to just copy a button to 50 pages is a real pain in the ass. Visual composer does this easy so I'm sure it is doable?
  • @thedesignboy What is doable in your opinion? Copy the content of Muffin Builder into Visual Composer? Because if that's what you mean, it is not possible.
  • I will be creating a section/item that will be repeated on some 200 pages. It would be convenient to be able to copy an item I have customized with all the buttons etc. or maybe just create a shortcode for that item that can be placed on the pages where I will use it, or maybe create a custom item I can save and insert where I need. tnx.
  • You can make a premade template to use in your pages. Justo goes to Templates and creates your own template. Then when you make a new page just use the import section to select it.

Thanks

• Same issue as above. Visual Composer allows me to copy one section or row from one page to another. However, Muffin builder does not allow me to copy code from one page and then copy code from another into the same page without it deleting all of the code. I'm looking to take different elements from different themes/templates/pages to build a page design, however it is proving difficult.  
  • This is how muffin builder works, you can only make teplates of all pages.
  • Hi,
    Are you guys considering or working to implement this feature?
    It would be a big plus.

• This is something worth considering and it is in plan for future updates. But for now we cannot say when.
  • Ok, thanks for your reply.
  • If before buy your theme I know - I cant past some object in my existing pages, I never buy. This is absolutely unsuitable in real projects, where you need to change pages massively. Very sad.
  • Lipkan
    Sorry but we have no idea what you mean.
    thanks
  • I remember that when I started using this theme, like 3 years ago, I could make a website on a test server and when ready export everything to the final server. Now I can't do that because the content made on muffin builder just dissappears on the imported version.

How is that? am I doing something differently or wrong?
  • diegofc
    Please make sure that the content you transfer between the two themes is complient to both of them. What I mean by that is that both of the themes should be updated to the newest version.
    thanks
  • As long as I cant copy one section or row or another element from one page to another, your themes are pretty useless for my work. Wont buy again. Like DesignBoy says: a real pain in the ass. Very annoying.
  • how to copy one block from page and paste to another?