Google Fonts and the GDPR (new european data protection law) - how to change font sizes?

edited May 2018 in Fonts
Hello, 

due to the GDPR I had to install and upload my font (Muli) myself. Now the header style is quite different and also the "portfolio header" as well as the regular content (see relaunch.grandega.de). The font is now bold (it looks like Muli 700 which was Muli 400 and much more lightweight before). 

Can you advise me on how to change this? The normal option (Betheme Options - Fonts - Size & Style) won't work anymore. 

For the regular content I think I'll just use the respective HTML code, but I really don't know how to change the header and portfolio style. 

Thanks in advance! 

Stefanie 

Comments

• Hello Stefanie,
    if you want to use your custom fonts then you will have to upload each font file with a different font weight. So if you want to have 400, 600 and 800 then you will have to upload 3 Muli font files with those weights.
    More info HERE
    thanks
  • edited May 2018
    Hello, 

thanks - but that way I can only upload two of the three fonts, right? (theme options > fonts > custom only allows for two different fonts I think...but that would be okay in the first step) 

So anyways - I tried to upload and use the custom font but when I try to upload the .ttf and .eot I get the following notification: This file type is not allowed for security reasons. What can I do to upload the .ttf file? 

Thanks 

Stefanie 

• Not all browsers will work with .ttf file format, please read the tutorial I have provided you with and use the .woff file types.
    For more custom font types you will have to upload them manually and use custom css.
    thanks
  • Hi, I now uploaded the files - Muli 400 and Muli 700 (sorry - I did read the tutorial but I missed the plugin-part). 

But still nothing changed within the homepage. How can I change the fonts for e.g. the main menu from (it looks like) Muli 700 to Muli 400? 
  • You will have to manually change css font weights since you are no longer using the theme options.
    Those kinds of customizations are up to the user.
    thanks
  • Ok - and how do I do that (especially for the main menu)? 
  • You would have to write additional css code to apply the new font-weights to the menu items.
    thanks
  • Yes, I figured. Can you advise me which css code would work? 
  • Sure, paste it to your custom css codes.
    #Top_bar span{
    font-weight:600 !important;
    }
    Thanks