I have the same issue with a person that asked you in themeforest. Below is what he wrote...

Hi there! Somehow the newest update changed the Muffin Builder functionality. Right now it’s not possible to add sections or rows. When I click “Add Section as the first section”, nothing happens?

Did you solve this and how?

Kind Regards,
George

Comments

• I currently am having this problem as well.  I NEED to be able to add new content to my blog.  This is a HUGE problem.
  • Please try to disable all plugins and clean your browser cache then try again.
    Thanks.
  • I can only speak for myself, but it appears to be a conflict with the Give donation plugin and the recent BeTheme updates.  I haven't had any trouble with the two in over a year until these most recent round of updates to the theme.  I will be notifying the plugin developer.
  • The last 2 years, I haven't changed anything regarding the plugins on my site, and by haven't changed anything, it means I haven't removed or added any plugin. Disabling plugins is not the solution!

Be theme used to work just fine, but now it doesn't! This is a live site with around 10k to 15k monthly users and if I start disabling things, then I have major problems. Maybe you can help me in a different way? Let us know for i.e. what you did to fix the other guy's site or what you would with the Give donation plugin. Something to look for...

Thank you for your help and support.

Kind Regards,
    George
  • Here is what error I get from console...

scripts.js?ver=1528829890:281 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function
        at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (scripts.js?ver=1528829890:281)
        at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:3)
        at HTMLAnchorElement.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:3)
    (anonymous) @ scripts.js?ver=1528829890:281
    dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:3
    r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:3
    short-pixel.min.js?ver=4.11.0:1 Empty queue 2462->2462

I have disabled the short pixel plugin and then I got this

scripts.js?ver=1528830252:281 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function
        at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (scripts.js?ver=1528830252:281)
        at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:3)
        at HTMLAnchorElement.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:3)

I repeat, everything was working just fine!

Kind Regards,
    George
  • Hi, only way to fix it is to disable all plugins and scripts or reinstalling BeTheme from beginning with deleting whole BeTheme files via FTP.
    Thanks.