CSS Showing on HTML page instead of in a css sheet

Hi,

I am curious as to why a great portion of CSS is showing up directly on my HTML page when viewing page source, instead of on a separate styles sheet. It is showing up in a style tag with an id of "mfn-dnmc-style-css"

Can you help me to understand where this is coming from and how I can move it into the css stylesheet?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,

this is custom css which is located under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section. Sometimes it's necessary to style items/colors if option does not exist.

Thanks!
  • hmm seems very seo unfriendly and a bit lazy! My custom css is completely empty and still there's inline css in the header... definately needs improving.
  • So if it's not good enough for you, you can use custom.css file instead which works the same way. However, for more of our customers, this section is much better solution and works better on poor hosting services.
  • I am also thinking this is somewhat weird decision, the place to put the custom css is there OK, but the theme coming with stuff in there already sounds weird...

In my case, I go to the place u said to change part of that mfn-dnmc-style-css properties and there is nothing shown on that section of the theme.

how can I change the css properties on the mfn-dnmc-style-css if is not showing on the custom css part of the theme options
  • @jeancnn We are not sure what exactly you want to change but if you want to customize this section, you need to play with functions/theme-head.php file.
  • This is very poorly implemented.  The whole point of CSS is that you can easily edit it, having it inline and with !important rules is exactly how NOT to css.
  • @BazzooStudio We can not agree with you as sometimes it's just impossible. Some plugins provides so many css code and usually this code is so terrible written that doing it without !important declaration is just impossible.
  • Hitting my sites rankings is there anyway around this? Has anybody figured out how to modify that 
    functions/theme-head.php - I was thinking we dump all that code into the.css then turn off the theme customizer so it stops the injection and gets it from our custom css file - Is their any way of doing that?

That would be a hell of a good feature - Turn on to modify then turn off and it lightens things up. 

I like to keep my wordpress sites streamlined if I am not using a plugin I disable it. It would be nice when I am not customizing the theme I can disable it.

• gmakwa22
    What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks
  • edited August 2018
    I want to move this tag "mfn-dnmc-style-css" code into custom.css  help me, please.
    link >> screenshot

• What you are reffering to is static css, more info here:
    You will also need a child theme if you want to modify the theme files or add new ones.
    thanks