Issues with implementing files in Child theme

My issue is fairly straight to the point.

I've copied content-post.php and included it in my theme, edited some stuf, and it works. See image below. 

Now as you can see I've also copied content-single.php. Yet if I implement that, my website crashes (a white screen and nothing else).

I even changed that one line of code to require_once( get_stylesheet_directory() .'/includes/content-single.php' );

So I didn't even include them both, just the content-single, and it also crashes. I don't get it.. 

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Hi, It's file customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks
  • It's not about the actual customization of the files. I haven't even edited content-single.php. Whenever I copy it to my child theme and try to implement it using require_once( get_stylesheet_directory() .'/includes/content-single.php' ); it crashes WordPress.

This has noting to do with my contribution to that file! Since its the BeTheme stock file, I think this is still within your scope. You should provide the theme with files that supports Child Theme integration of it.. :( 
  • Well, I guess I found it. You don't actually have to use require_once. It just works, without that. Thanks anyway!
  • content-single.php is available for changes and you probably made a syntax error.
    Please read more about child theme HERE
    Please do not edit files in the Wordpress Editor, use software like "Sublime Text" or "Brackets" and access them through via ftp.
    Thanks.