How to remove Revolution Slider?

I searched the forum, but I did not find the answer.
I want to remove the revolution slider from the whole template.
Please help.

Comments

• Hi,
    Please go to plugins in your dashboard, then deactivate the plugin and remove it. Or keep is deactivated.
    thanks
  • Ok, this clear - but when I deactivated the plugin - on homepage I've got information about missing slider.
    In options of homepage - there is any slider, in general/advanced - also
  • Edit the page and under the muffin builder choose no slider. http://prntscr.com/fpcban

• thanks, I did not mean it, but it's better.
    I wanted to remove the slider from the code so that the browser was not looking for it
  • Sorry, there i no other solution
  • I want to change slider, i just want to use a photograph, how can I do that?

• Hello,
    what do you mean exactly? Do you have problems with creating/editing the Revolution Slider?
    You should check the tutorials from the plugin author, the are quite informative:
  • "Edit the page and under the muffin builder choose no slider. http://prntscr.com/fpcban"

That does not work form me. When click in Update button, WP puts back the previously entered slider.

What should i do?
  • Try to disable all plugins before updating Media.

Thanks.
  • edited June 2018
    Hi Pablo,

disable all plugins? Is that the solution? Do you have any idea of what plugin could cause this problem?

Thanks

• edited June 2018
    No, I don't know what plugins you have installed, that's why I told you to turn them all off because one of them can be disabling scripts of our theme.

If this won't work, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • We checked and this is related to the max_input_vars value ion your hosting. It will nto let you update the page. Please contact your hosting provider and increase this value to about 5000. This should fix your problem.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan,

We have changed the value in the php.ini file to 5000 (verified with php.info) but Be Theme's System Status still shows 1000.   

Does it take time to updating values?

Thanks
  • It's changing immediately.
    Please contact your hosting provider, he has to change this value.
    Thanks.
  • Pablo: They've changed it. Did you verify it in the phpinfo?
  • Indeed the max_input_vars value was change in the phpinfo file but still the dashboard shows us 1000. This is 100% the hosting company limiting the input vars values for wordpress installations.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan,

following your orders, i have had a chat session with bluehost (my hosting provider) and, after 45 minutes, they told me that the values are now updated in the server.

But in wordress still appears 1000.

They've said that:

"That must be the issue with some code or script, the php values are already updated on our server."

What now? Seems weird that a simple change in the page's properties gives so many problems.

Thanks
  • "That must be the issue with some code or script, the php values are already updated on our server."

This answer is not very professional because they have the ability to change the master values and no script or code should work unless they let it.
    We suggest changing the hosting company because they are not very competent.
    You can see that even if you add more items to the builder the page will nto save the changed.

• Well Bryan, that "not very professional answer" could be interpreted just like what yourselves had given to me initially: "deactivate all the plugins" before updating media. It's just like to say "we really do not know where the issue is" (or that's not our problem).

Seems, in fact, incredible that your solution is to "suggest to change hosting company" just because the theme, actually, does not work properly. Few months ago (february, march) i was able to perform changes (adding items) to that page with the same hosting with no problems. It's that Hosting provider's fault?

so, should i understand from your last answer that you won't give me any help nor idea to solve this issue? 

should i downgrade the theme in order to recover what i had few months ago?

• edited June 2018
    In case someone gets the same issue: solution in my case was to create an user.ini file my domain's directory with the values:

max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 300
    max_input_vars = 5000

Thanks Muffin "Support" (although you didn't give me any solution beyond changing hosting company).
  • edited June 2018
    Deactivating the plugins is the first thing we suggest because we have to narrow down the cause of your problems and from our experience on this forum plugins/custom scripts cause 90% of the theme issues.

We are calling the answer unprofessional because the hosting company has all the access (which we do not have) and can check everything, even more than you can. This is why they should have a solid answer, instead, they are saying that it is a theme issue. This is also seen a lot of times on this forum and at the end, it all comes down to the server settings that are the main issue.

You were able to work on your current server with the theme until now because you did not create so much content. Right now there is too much content for "input_vars =1000" to be saved in the database.

We are happy that you managed to change the input vars but honestly the hosting company should have told you about the php.ini file at the start and not blame the theme or scripts.

thanks
  • edited June 2018
    No, Bryan, Hosting company worked on php.ini and, just like i've told you, the php info gave the correct value.

What nobody seemed to know is that it was required to create that user.ini file. That solution, since noone gaves any idea, was found by my self (Google).

Certainly they (Hosting company) did the changes you asked for but didn't know about the user.ini thing.

In any case, i hope, theme is working right now.

Thanks.

• Is it possible to remove all the bundled plugins? Is there a plain vanilla version of BeTheme? Without Revolution Slider and Visual Composer. I much prefer the Muffin Builder.
  • I remember sometime ago you had a version with no plugins. What happened to that? Are you no longer supplying that in your package?
  • There's no vanilla version of BeTheme.
    You can deinstall all of the plugins in Plugins > Installed Plugins, you have to deinstall them one by one.
    Cheeers.