Accordion inside Accordion / Documentation suggestion

Hi,

I am having some difficulties with an Accordion inside an Accordion.  When I click the "+" to open the Parent Accordion, the Parent Accordion and the Child Accordion get the "-" icon, so I cannot expand the items on the Child Accordion. When clicking on Child Accordion items, the Parent Accordion gets closed.  Whats the correct way to use an Accordion inside Accordion. Please take a look at:  http://www.siesnat.com/siesnat2  under PRODUCTOS.

Now, regarding the documentation, I see the http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/ link explaining shortcodes, and then I see the http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/shortcodes/content-blocks explaining how the shortcode looks, however I can't find documentation on how to textually place the shortcode code, example [accordion title="" open1st="0" openAll="0" style="Toggle"] [accordion_item title="Granolas"]Content[/accordion_item][/accordion].  It is difficult to figure out how to insert a shortcode inside a shortcode.  If I add the Accordion shorcode, the only way to add content or other shortcodes inside the items on the accordion are via text/code, but I can't find the shortcode definition in code/text.  Also, I have been using the Muffin Builder, I would like to see textually everything I have done with it, so I can get the text or code for the shortcodes but can't figure it out.

It would be great if you can place everything in one place, for example, under Shortcodes, you place how it looks, if it can be added to sections, columns, etc. and how to code it with examples.  I have 4 or 5 different tabs to use as documentation of the theme.  Don't get me wrong, the theme is great, and I am thinking in using it on almost all my projects, and because of that, I give my suggestion to make life easier to all of us.  At least you can place a link on the documentation that points to the live preview of the shortcode and viceversa... and link on the live preview to see how to implement de shortcode.

So, can you please help me on how to fix the According inside Accordion behaviour, so I can create categories and subcategories.

Regards,
Jaime

Comments

• Hi Jaime,

it is unfortunately not possible to use accordions inside accordions and we do not have any solution for this.

Of course there is an explanation for accordion shortcode in the documentation. Click CTRL+F and type 32) Accordion

We appreciate your suggestion. What you ask for needs a lot of time but we'll consider this of course.
  • hi guys,

i think i solved this problem on my website.

there are 2 options for this solution:
    1. i used the PHP code for Post plugin and inside of it i used the do_shortcode command
    2. you also can publish 2 shortcodes then you can check the HTML output, copy the needed html code and put it inside the 1st shortcode. this way you use only one shortcode with 2nd one as a html output inside of it. 

for me both functions are worked fine, the 1st one much easy to use for cooders. 

hope this helped
  • If you are good in coding and you know how to play with html and php then solutions you mentioned above are ok. Basically if you know coding, everything is possible :) We're glad to hear that you sorted what you need.
  • I know PHP, however, I dont understand how plugins work on Wordpress yet, haven't read of that, however I didnt get the 1st solution proposed by glebw, so I dont understand what is "Post plugin" and don't understand what is the "do_shortcode" command.  Thats why I don't understand the 1st solution proposed.

• @jaimitoc30 This is not easy modification and needs coding skills for sure. We are also not sure what post plugin @glebw used but maybe he will be able to answer on your question soon. But to understand what is do_shortcode() function we recommend to have a look at https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/do_shortcode/
  • I understand.  Thank you very much :)
  • hi,

sorry for delay

it's very simple and easy one. it allow you to create php code and enter it into your post as a shortcode. 

i use it almost on all my websites, because it give you the option to insert loop into the post
  • It looks interesting.  I will check it out
  • Unfortunately the plugin is no longer available to download.

Is there a new solution for this please ?
  • EDIT :

There is few solutions :

1- Adding a WPBakery Page Builder Accordeon and adding inside a MuffinBuilder accordeon

2- Add a WPBakery Page Builder Accordeon and add a shotcode inside the text block (available inside a button in the toolbar of the text block)

3- Using tab contents.

I found more convenient and nice to use tab contents.
  • Glad you found the sollution,
    Cheers