Be Theme Visual Composer Installation

edited September 2014 in Visual Composer
Hello,

Just purchased your theme, and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how to install Visual Composer. I assumed you include this with your install, but it wasn't there. I had already purchased the plugin a while back, so I installed my own copy if it, but now my page editor looks nothing like the screenshot you shared with another user recently (http://snag.gy/KL6zr.jpg). 

I couldn't find anything in the documentation explaining how it all works, and I wasn't having any luck searching this forum, either. Please help!

Much thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

if you want to get Visual Composer from our package, you should update theme to latest 4.0 version and then in Appearance > Install Plugins section you have list of Required and Recommended plugins included into package and pre-defined plugins should be installed from this section. And because you did not installed Visual Composer from this section you don`t see "Muffin Builder" items included. So please remove current Visual Composer version and install this included with our package.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Thanks for the reply.

Oh, okay, I see what happened. I didn't realize there was an "Install Plugins" link under Appearance. 

However, I tried activating via your Install Plugins area, but it didn't help. So I deactivated the plugin and deleted it via the normal Plugins area, then went back to your Install Plugins area and installed/activated there. I went to a new page and I still can't get it to look this this (http://snag.gy/KL6zr.jpg). Do I need to uninstall theme and reinstall? I'm using Child Theme...
  • Here's what I see (frontend or backend):
  • Ok, so please send us access to your wp dashboard and FTP and we`ll have a look on it because we have no idea what is the problem on your side.
  • Can't, am using localhost. :( Do I need to reinstall theme?
  • You can try reinstall theme but we are not sure if this will help. The problem could be also with your localhost. Until your website won`t be online, we are not able to have a look on it.

Thanks for understanding!
  • me too having same issue tried all night to get it to load. will not load only grid builder
  • @angie6252001 Can you explain what is the problem exactly?
  • Could not copy file. js_composer/assets/lib/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff
  • @techpro255 When exactly you get this message?
  • I also have the same problem. Visual Composer element will not appear. I have just a few items I can use. I try activate and deactivate the plugin. I also tried reinstalling the plugin both of theme folder (/ public_html / wp-content / themes / betheme / plugins / js_composer.zip) and upload via ftp. but nothing it works. I also purchased Visual Composer - current version 4.5.1 of themeforest website and install it but nothing it works.
    my vision of theme: Betheme 7.7.

can you help me
  • @admthecreativ If you bought this plugin from author, under Theme options > Addons & Plugins > Premium plugins, you must check right option for Visual Composer plugin.
  • thanks for the reply.
    I have check the Visual Composer plugin on Premium plugins. but still the problem.
    http://screencast.com/t/Fw2Kq1doK2aF
  • I have solved the problem.

problem is the need to check all items on the Visual Composer plugin in Visual Composer Settings - User groups access rules. before they show up
  • @admthereativ We're glad to hear you solved the problem.
  • I tried many times to install Visual Composer from your package by Worpress hangs on "Installing Plugin: Visual Composer Unpacking the package..."
  • Visual Composer will not update at all, it is asking for a Visual Composer License Key. What is the problem here? Outdated items is the sure way to get hacked. Please let me know how to resolve this very important issue
  • WPBakery Visual Composer

Drag and drop page builder for WordPress. Take full control over your WordPress site, build any layout you can imagine – no programming knowledge required.

Version 4.6.2 | By Michael M - WPBakery.com | View details
    There is a new version of WPBakery Visual Composer available. View version 4.7 detailsDownload new version from CodeCanyon.
  • @madore If plugin can not be installed, you should turn on WP_DEBUG mode to check where the problem is. This is due to server for sure (folder permissions or other limits).

@fusedmarketing Latest version hasn't been tested by us yet. When we'll finish test, we'll update plugin. But of course there is no license keys for plugins that are bundled into theme package. This is how Envato licenses works. More details about that you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1052/visual-composer-can-not-update-purchase-code
  • Hi, I turned on WP_DEBUG as you suggested and got the next report

[04-Sep-2015 17:31:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 212058 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/user_ID/mysite.com/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2861
    [04-Sep-2015 17:33:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 424115 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/user_ID/mysite.com/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2864
    [04-Sep-2015 17:34:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 801613 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/user_ID/mysite.com/wordpress/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 663
    [04-Sep-2015 17:37:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/user_ID/mysite.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/aq-resizer.class.php on line 187

Could you say me what can I do next?
  • @madore Great :) Those kind of errors are always related with memory size on server side.
  • Hello, I have a similar problem where I am able to use Visual Composer mode but only 2 of the options are available - portfolio and row.  When I try to edit the Visual Composer settings it shows the message: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

Can you please let me know how this can be fixed? Thank you.
  • @catchdesignstudio This message says that plugin is bundled into theme and does not have some design options which does not work with theme. This is how plugin works if is bundled into theme. But if you bought this plugin separately, then you can check this information under Theme options > Addons & Plugins > Plugins section.
  • Thank you for your response.  Yes, the plugin was included with the theme I purchased.  How can I make the plugin work?  Do I need to change some of the theme options?

• @catchdesignstudio You can't do anything unfortunately because it's impossible to use this option when plugin is bundled into theme. When we bundle theme into plugin, we must follow the rules provided by plugin's author and this is how it exactly works.
  • LayerSlider WP

LayerSlider is the most advanced responsive WordPress slider plugin with the famous Parallax Effect and over 200 2D & 3D transitions.

Version 5.4.0 | By Kreatura Media | Visit plugin site
     You need to authorize this site in order to get upgrades or support for this plugin. Purchase a license or enter an existing purchase code.
    this worries me and so does the no update to visual composer even with your latest update no updates for 2 very important plugins

• How does this ever get updated? I am stressing over the fact that both Visual Composer and Revolution Slider cannot be updated as they should. While I understand this is a bundled addition to the BE theme the truth is, with the 7 sites I am currently desiging your theme is the only one not updating these two very important items continuously. Visual Composer is already at 4.7.1.1 which fixes some huge issues

15.09.2015 - ver 4.7.1

- Improved: Dependency are now called whe preset is selected for element
    - Improved: Old Tabs, Accordions and Tours removed from default templates
    - Fixed: Direct link to tabs (tour or accordion)
    - Fixed: Raw HTML (Cannot read property 'trim' of undefined)
    - Fixed: Nested elements saving in template
    - Fixed: Remove params function call and Notice: Undefined variable
    - Fixed: Html tags entered in text block now are decoded and not converted to actual tags
    - Fixed: LESS regeneration after plugin version increment

28.08.2015 - ver 4.7

- Compatibility with WP 4.3
    - New: Element Preset mechanism added (Save, Set as Default)
    - New: More predefined layouts added
    - New: Param Window and other window update
    - New: Param Window is resizeable
    - New: Pageable Content Element based on Tabs added
    - New: Single Image Zoom option added to On Click Action

and Revolution Slider, well that's another story all together! Version 4.6.93 is where the BE Theme is currently and they are up to version which means since May 8th 2015 Version 5.0.8.5 that means the theme I purchased with the best intent to trust the process of n
  • @fusedmarketing Hi,

purchase codes (license keys) are not included for plugins which are bundled into theme. It’s because of Themeforest license & agreements. This applies to all themes of course. However, there is no need to use this code because the plugins are fully functional without it. If you want, you can read more details about this on Envato forum:

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/dont-work-my-purchase-code-stardust-w-revolution-slider/186285

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/dont-work-my-purchase-code-stardust-w-revolution-slider/186285

Thanks!

P.S. So if you want to get recent version of plugin, you can send us private message but all updates we constantly add into theme package and recent versions of plugins are always under plugins/ folder.