Suggestions/Bugs related with new Muffin Builder 3.0 (Beta Version)

Hi,

Before installation, please read carefully!

Beta version of Muffin Builder 3.0 may contain minor bugs, so:
- please use only for the development purposes
- please do not use it on already working websites (especially on customers websites)

We would appreciate your suggestions and report eventually bugs related with new Muffin Builder 3.0 (Beta Version).

Thanks!

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Any pics or video of same. When can we expect the final version? And last of all, this theme deserves to be at No. 1 spot at Envato. All the best, Ravi
  • I just took the Muffin Builder 3.0 for a spin and I couldn't agree with @eaglecomr more! BeTheme deserves the #1 spot. Great work!

May I ask: As you guys continue to improve the Muffin Builder, what makes it a better choice than using the included Visual Composer plugin? 

Thanks!
  • @eaglecomr Final version will be ready when you finish tests. We finished tests on our side and that's why it's called Beta. But as everyone knows, customers are the best testers because you always do something what about we've never been thinking. So final version will be ready when you will stop reporting bugs. That's how it works. At this moment we do not have any videos but we got too many work with support and do not have time to record a video. Hope we'll get someone who will be able to record this video for us.

@craighobson Thanks for you such a nice words :) In our opinion just everything but maybe it's because we personally do not like VC which is too slow for us and is sending too much data while saving. Our builder is much faster, lighter and easier to use.
  • Is it possible to send the Beta for testing purpose with installation instructions. regards, Ravi
  • @eaglecomr There is no installation instructions because everything works the same way like in the past. To install theme with new builder version, all you need to do is install betheme.zip file from builder 3.0 SEE README folder instead of main folder.
  • Hi,

No bug found so far. Very fast opening and closing items, indeed.

One thing, though, the Rev Slider plugin bundled with builder 3.0 is 5.0.8.5 and not the more recent 5.0.9 on the non beta betheme zip. Dunno if there are other version discrepancies like this.

Best regarda!
  • @pdgpereira Thanks for the information :) We'll update this slider version soon. However, you can always get latest version of rev slider from main package as well :)
  • Can we expect final Muffin Builder in today's update?
  • Final update will be ready if we'll finish tests and you won't report any bugs. Don't you think that you should test current first version on demo site somewhere? This will be much better for your business for sure because you can be sure that everything works fine. We are testing it for all the time and not sure yet when will be final version. So far only one person tested new version Muffin Builder and informed us about. What if we'll release final version and something wrong will happen on your site? That's why we recommend to test beta version to be sure that all is ok and works as you expect.
  • lost sidebar option for sections.
  • Like the builder 3.0 its amazing loads fast good work
  • @viral_web Yes, it's true. This option won't be never again available for sections. With new version, you must split sections on WRAPS, for example 3/4 and 1/4 and in this 1/4 use sidebar widget item. That's how it works now.
  • oh ok like the option wrap it works better. Thanks
  • I think theres a bug. When i update any page, its not getting updated and instead redirecting to the homepage. Any solution?
  • Regarding the sidebar, what about existing sections that included sidebars?  Would that now be broken?

Also, can we add similar options that sections and columns have as far as classes, ids, background, padding etc to the new wrappers?

Right now there is no way to target the wrapper itself outside of using the sections parent class or id to then target using psuedo classes like #mySection > .mcb-wrap:first-child etc.
  • @fumorshop We did not noticed anything like that. Please update theme files once again but via FTP this time. Also please deactivate all extra plugins.

@pingram3541 After update, you must set sidebars as "Sidebar widget" item. And yes, we are planning those options for wraps. But this needs time as we can not do everything at once.
  • Please in new builder making the colors more bolder(dark), if you are working with this builder colors up to 3 hours , see all the warps the same..... 
  • @onesmartgr We'll consider your request while future updates.
  • Currently in wp-admin the resources are loaded with a timestamp query string e.g. /muffin-options/fields/tabs/field_tabs.js?ver=1444885484

Is it better to use the theme version number for query string for faster loading?
  • @imnoddy It completely does not matter.
  • Animation by section disappeared? How do I do it now? Thanks
  • @viral_web Animations for sections? Where did you saw them? We did never had this option included for sections.
  • sorry for columns...
  • Dear Support,
    I think i've found an issue/bug concerning SECTION and WRAPS background images, happening with many of websites i developed, even with the last updates 10.4:

Description: if i have 2 ore more sections, and in the last one i put the Background IMG in section, or Wrap, when i save, the BG image is automatically moved to the first Section...

• edited November 2015
    Update, The bug also presenting with image caption:

if there are 3 images and i put caption on the last one only, automatically it goes in first
  • @rennas Please send us private message with dashboard and FTP access so we can check what you did. We did checked this on our side and all is fine so the problem is on your side only.
  • Hello ! I've uploaded via FTP the newest version of the theme. Everything is in place except the muffin builder. I can't see it when editing a page, it just doesn't exist :D. What can I do ?
  • @rigaleb Muffin Builder tool is available under Page options section while you create/edit pages. If it does not exist, you may deactivated it under Theme options > Global > Advanced section.
  • I have a problem , I cant’t edit anything because Muffin group builder editor background is transparent. Like rgba(0,0,0,0.2); But I check with developer tools, and background-color: #fff... If I try to change color with developer tools, color is changing but, transparency is still the same, or i can make it more transparent. I try it in different OS and different WEB browsers, everywhere is the same problem. Version of BE THEME is 10.6, and in version 9.7 with old builder everything is ok. 
  • @Makoda Please send us url to site where you got this problem and also please explain on screenshot what is exactly happening so we can be sure what to check.