Hide items from specific category on portfolio page

edited November 2016 in Portfolio
Hello, friends.

I saw a Forum topic where we could hide any category(es) from the portfolio's category menu through a CSS implementation on the page custom CSS field. So far so good.
However, my objective is to hide a item or items belonging to a specific category together with the category's name (and this last I already know how to do as I sad above). But there is a trouble: if I exclude some category via theme or page builder widget setup, the default betheme filter doesn't show anymore. The link below shows the page called "Serviços" with the filter style that I wish to keep. Finally, I'm just looking for an implementation that hides some category and the products vinculated with it too. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

we are sorry but this is not possible unfortunately. Items does not have individual classes that could be used to catch them by css rules.

Thanks!
  • edited November 2016
    ok, but does exists some code in javascript that I could use instead a CSS implementation? The objective is just hide some posts. Thanks! 
  • What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact with your web developer.
  • I just did this.

I added this CSS to a specific page where I show the portfolio:

/* This hide the button */
    .nameofthecategory {
        display: none !important;
    }

/* This hide the portfolio */
    .category-nameofthecategory {
    }

Just change the name in red to match the category you want to hide.

Hope this works for you as well.

• i just try on my page

http://fuji-shinyou.com/projects/

i want hide all category except "Project"

my CSS is .feature {
    }

.category-feature {
    }

.Moving Walks{
    }

.category-Moving Walks{
    }

but those category item still there... why?
  • jackchong890
    You are missunderstanding the purpose of this css. It is not to hide elements on the page but to hide the category from the filter. Regardless of that, those will still appear on the page.
    thanks
  • Hello

I've tried it and it works - category button and category content are hidden - But I'm facing a problem of display with mansony style, all my portfolio items move in a single colum. Did you face this ? how did you solve it ?

• Hi @support_dynamicmarketing,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

thanks