Search Results Page Sidebar

Hello,

Is there any way to change the sidebar position from right to the left on the Search Results Page?

The default position for the sidebar is on the right. I have tried to find a way to change this but I was unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Comments

• Hi,
    Sorry but this page takes the sidebar settings from the blog page.
    thanks
  • THanks for the reply.

Does the woo commerce search results page that displays products takes the sidebar settings from the blog page as well?

Currently all my sidebars are aligned to the left, however, the search results page for woocommerce product search is aligned to the right and I cannot change it.

Currently it disrupts the flow of the theme having the sidebar change sides on the product search results page.
  • This is probably because woocommerce takes results from the blog page template, change the blog sidebar position while editing the blog page, also check theme options>sidebar
  • Hi again,

I have tried the above but had no luck.

I have also forced left sidebar throughout the website but it still doesn't effect the sidebar on the woocommerce search results page.

• Please send a link to your website.
  • edited April 2017
    -
  • Go to woocommerce>settings
    products tab>shop page
    And select your shop page.
    You probably have no shop page set and this is why the pages have diffrent sidebars.
  • I selected the shop page when I setup woocommerce.

You can view the screenshot of the sidebar widget I'm using and the woocommerce settings on the dropbox link below:

I have also deactivated the advanced woo search plugin and used the default woocommerce search widget with no luck.

• It is always on the right with the search page, you cannot change this.
  • Well after passing trough the same situation as the OP and read this tread, I found the solution..

shame to know that the solution is very simple and it was written by the muffing group who also said it is not possible... 

here it is:

find the file: wp-content\themes\betheme\functions\theme-head.php

locate these lines (around line 903.. can change in the future tho):

// Page | Search
    if( is_search() ){
    if( is_active_sidebar( 'mfn-search' ) ){
    $classes = ' with_aside aside_left';
    } else {
    $classes = false;
    }
    }

replace $classes = ' with_aside aside_right';  with $classes = ' with_aside aside_left';

BOOM! done!!

Muffin grounp should add this option on their options page.. such a simple solution..