Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Cake demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

[Step by step] How to re-create demo page!
  • 1. Get XML file with whole dummy content and upload into theme.

Before you can get this file for theme you need to get purchase code for item and your nickname from Themeforest (please remember xml downloader form is case sensitive and if your nickname is for example: NickName then exactly the same one must be pasted into Themeforest username field). Your purchase code should be also pasted/copied without any empty spaces or anything like that. So the best way to do that is copy purchase code from "Downloads" section from your Themeforest user panel and paste into simple text editor (ex. notepad) and then check and copy into XML downloader. If you're wondering where you can get purchase code, image below will explain you everything:

For download the XML file with demo content please at first go to page http://themes.muffingroup.com/xmls/

In next step please select a product for which you need xml file (in this case please choose Cake). Also please paste your themeforest username and purchase code. After that just click "Download" and your file should start downloading.

However if you are not able to get XML file from our xml downloader, then you can send us pm with question about xml file for your theme, using contact form on our profile's page http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup (right bottom section). After that we`ll send you file with dummy content ASAP (usually it takes less than 24 hours).

When you got this file on your computer you can import it into your wordpress (please import this file only after installation cake theme).

2. First steps after xml upload

If you want to get exactly the same site as our demo, after install and upload XML file please go to Settings > Reading > Front page displays and set up Home as Front page.

Also please go to Appearance > Menus and set up Main Menu as Main Menu is first box "Theme locations".

After these 2 easy steps you`ll get exactly the same site as our demo.

3. How to set up footer section just like on demo?

If you want to create footer just like on demo, please read these few easy steps below.

At first please go to Appearance > Widgets and drag & drop "Text" widget into Footer area #1. Then please expand this widget and fill "Title" field with "About our company" text, but in the second field please paste content, like below:

<h6>We really love working for you and your customers</h6>
    <p>We do what we love and this is the best in our life. Try a piece of our work and you will not want to swap for anything else!</p>
    In second step please drag & drop "Muffin Recent Posts" widget into Footer area #2. Type "Latest posts" in "Title" area and type "2" for "Number of posts" field. Also please select category from which you want posts to show.

In the last step put "Muffin Recent Comments" widget into Footer area #3 and put "Recent comments" text for "Title" field and type 2 for "Number of comments" widget.

That`s it. After those 3 easy steps you will get exactly the same footer as on our demo page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If above explanation is not enough for you and something is still not clear, then please watch video below where we showed [step by step] how to re-create page just like demo!

• 39 Comments sorted by
  • The xml file doesn't work with my wordpress (3.8.1 EN). Second import result is below, but there is no changes at admin panel.

Import WordPress
    Failed to import pa_color Black
    Failed to import pa_color Blue
    Failed to import shop_order_status cancelled
    Failed to import shop_order_status completed
    Failed to import product_type external
    Failed to import shop_order_status failed
    Failed to import pa_color Green
    Failed to import product_type grouped
    Failed to import shop_order_status on-hold
    Failed to import shop_order_status pending
    Failed to import shop_order_status processing
    Failed to import shop_order_status refunded
    Failed to import product_type simple
    Failed to import product_type variable
    Failed to import product_cat Clothing
    Failed to import product_cat Hoodies
    Failed to import product_cat Music
    Failed to import product_cat Posters
    Failed to import product_cat Singles
    Failed to import product_cat T-shirts
    Failed to import product_cat Albums
    Media “T_1_front” already exists.
    Media “T_1_back” already exists.
    Media “T_2_front” already exists.
    Media “T_2_back” already exists.
    Media “T_4_front” already exists.
    Media “T_3_back” already exists.
    Media “T_3_front” already exists.
    Media “T_4_back” already exists.
    Media “T_4_front” already exists.
    Media “T_5_front” already exists.
    Media “T_5_back” already exists.
    Media “T_6_front” already exists.
    Media “T_6_back” already exists.
    Media “T_7_back” already exists.
    Media “hoodie_7_front” already exists.
    Media “hoodie_7_back” already exists.
  • Hello i'm under 3.8.1 and i have exactly same problem.

Import WordPress
    Failed to import pa_color Black
  • Hi. 

I tried one more time without import Attachments - worked :)

PS. I don't have installed WooCommerce.
  • Hi i have erase all my bdd and try again with woocommerce like you said, but now its blank page nothing happen after the part to choose to import attachments or not :(

And after i try without import attachments, that work :)

But some trouble because no link to pic vid etccccc..;

• Import Attachments

Why Download and import file attachments, if selected not working and giving 404 error, even if I have WooCommerce Plugin active on Wordpress.

@muffingroup Will you please look into this issue and correct XML file, so that it should work on our websites as well.

Because i Don't find how to reproduce Corporate Home Page for my website.
    And You haven't even provided any short codes or something for users so that we can replace it for our websites.
  • Hi,

When importing revolution slider zip files... should I choose append or overwrite ???
  • This is how I got around it. I got an error too when I 1st uploaded the XML file. However when I went back into the dashboard, I saw that ONLY the image uploaded. No comments, pages, post or anything else uploaded. So I uploaded again, but this time I did not upload the attachments. Then everything seemed to upload fine. 

I think it's the amount of images is what makes it time out. 

After that I watched the video from above and my home page looked like the demo. 

The only thing wrong is that some of the URLs in the menu point to themesmuffingroup.com. But I can easily change that in the menu area. 
  • I have a dedicated server and at first I also had an error about fastcgi so what I did is to switch script handler to apache and raised the max_execution_time and  the max_filesize. Also before importing I have installed woocommerce even if I did not need it. Then I was able to import xml with contents without any errors.

• Why doesn't this theme have a simple home page template? :/
  • Failed to import pa_color Black

having the same problem
  • ya sorry i thought the first comment was the latest lol, but am still not getting the same demo, some fonts are missing and they are coloured blue , some icons also and colours and backgrounds :\
  • @muffingroup did you find whats the problem ?
  • @muffingroup Hey guys, I'm having similar issues, but with the following extra errors. Are these also due to Woocommerce?

Also, even though everything else worked fine, the website does not look like the demo.

Take a look: www.heartit.co

Missing sliders and some images, as well as a completely messed up menu.

Failed to import “Woo Logo”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Premium Quality”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Ship Your Idea”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Happy Ninja”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Woo Ninja”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Patient Ninja”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Happy Ninja”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Ninja Silhouette”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Flying Ninja”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Ninja Silhouette”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Premium Quality”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Variation #23 of Ship Your Idea”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Variation #24 of Ship Your Idea”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Variation #41 of Ship Your Idea”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Variation #42 of Ship Your Idea”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Woo Album #1”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Woo Album #3”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Woo Album #4”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Woo Album #2”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Woo Single #1”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Woo Single #2”: Invalid post type product

EDIT:

Menu is 90% fine now. Some of the links don't seem to be in the right place and stuff though.
    eg. Under Portfolio > With Sidebar >
    Nothing is there.

My main issue now is missing all of the graphics etc. Namely, the background video and the other two sliders.

• @muffingroup Please check the website right now, problem with the Font, there is some elements missing , check out the full width Page
  • @muffingroup what version of PHP should i use. and i contact the hosting company and they said it is a scripting problem. 
  • @muffingroup Can you tell me what font to use in the main menu and content and heading ? are the all ubuntu ? 
  • they told me something wrong with the scripting, please can you fix it ?? 
  • I had the same problem. The hosting company made the adjustments, and everything works fine now. It was an easy solution.
  • Hi, I must be doing something wrong because when I try to go to Settings --> Reading I can't choose Front page displays. Could it be affected by having maitenance mode activated with a countdown curtain?

Also I have duplicates of all the menus.. I'm trying to setup the Portfolio Demo.

www.pg12.se

Kind regards
  • @muffingroup thanks for your reply. I have now changed a few things - and you should be able to access the site. www.g12.se 

I would like to have the page be like your Portfolio demo - i think there is an issue with my revolution slider, and I've tried following the instructions you have in the other forum. Can you see something from your end?

Thanks!
  • @muffingroup my mistake. It was supposed to be the same as the original link from my first comment. www.pg12.se
  • @muffingroup I figured it out. The step to activate the slider within each page wasn't shown in the video, but I found it myself eventually :-) Otherwise, great template!