Slider1.txt file and "uploads" folder missing?

In your documentation on Page59 it says: "

3.1.1 Getting demo slider

In package downloaded from Themeforest you can find slider-demo folder that has included uploads folder and slider1.txt file. In first step please upload content from uploads folder to your wp-content/uploads folder. In next step you need to go to Revolution Slider, click button "Create new slider" and fill below fields: ... "

But I am not finding this file in the folders I downloaded. Is this a mistake in the documentation.... it's been hours and I still haven't figured it out... am I missing something?

This is what I've got: http://screencast.com/t/gvzjNU3gu

Comments

• It appears to me your documentation is quite out of date and it's causing me hours of figuring out what's up ... not quite what I would call a 1-Click install .... 

I am paying for a Theme ONLY if it comes with Dummy content and great documentation. Otherwise I won;t buy. So please take a look at this ... it will save YOU a lot of time answering questions that can be avoided.

thanks
    Rob
  • edited June 2014
    We get your info on TF in comments section and we know there is mistake in doc (this comes from older rev slider version). And of course we`ll make it correct with next update. But at this moment we explained everything in comments section. If this is not enough, then we`ll re-paste here what we left on TF:

--------------------------------------------

Because for Be we added lot`s of sliders so choose one of the sliders from revolution-slider-demo/ folder, ex: homepage.zip and upload it. That`s it! Each page have own slider and it depends which one you want to upload. This is how Revolution Slider works.

BTW Inside package you got lot`s of sliders in revolution-slider-demo\home folder or also you can upload one of the 3 sliders inside main revolution-slider-demo folder. It depends which slider you like and need. But of course if you want you can import them all but of course one by one.

We know video is out of date but this works similar. If you really want to see new video, then we can create the new one especially for you after weekend. But this is so easy that no video is not needed.

Also if you want, you can read more info about Import/Export on http://themepunch.com/codecanyon/revolution_wp/documentation/#!/import_export

Once again sorry for this mistake! We`ll change it with next update in doc.
  • edited July 2014
    I am trying to add this slider also, and I did what you said in the second part by going to revolution-slider-demo/folder > home > business.zip for example and this is the error message I'm getting for every different one I try:
    importing slider setings and data...
    Error: slider_export.txt does not exist!
    I'm hoping that getting the correct slider will solve other problems I'm having! Please help!!!

Thanks!!!

• @media-relations Did you tried with other files as well and got the same problem? If you got this problem also, then please send us access to your wp dashboard on pm with explanation and we`ll have a look on it.
  • hi I am having same problem, can you help me resolve this

importing slider setings and data...
    Error: slider_export.txt does not exist!
  • I am having the same problem as well. Is there a solution for this?
  • @webwoxdesigns, @MadHatterDesign Did you guys checked if you got latest Revolution Slider version? Maybe you got older version that comes from other theme in the past and that`s the problem? If you are sure, you use latest version, then please send us access to your wp dashboard on pm and we`ll check.