Errors in Google Structured Data Testing tool after theme install. [schema.org]

edited September 2014 in Theme support
All post are now showing errors in structured data. In all post titles the following errors are coming where I can find codes to correct them. The title is appearing twice in the post page and hence these errors are shown twice. Title appearing twice is the part of theme style but error I think is associated with the title and hence it is also appearing twice. I need to add proper values so that it is identified my bots.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hatom-feed
hatom-entry:
Error: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry.
Error: Missing required field "entry-title".
Error: Missing required field "updated".
Error: Missing required hCard "author".

Is there any way to correct these errors. ..............????

Comments

• Sorry but we have never tested this tool and have no idea what could be wrong and how it works exactly. Did you tried to check your posts on default wordpress theme?
  • In default theme only one error was there updated field one.. but now many errors are there ....

Can you locate these functions in your theme files where exactly they are located...I want to find following codes..

<h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
    or 

the_title

2.<span class="date updated"><?php the_time(); ?></span>
    or the_time()

3. the_author or the_author_posts_link

Once I locate these functions I can make corrections by myself. So please give an idea where they are located ?
  • 1. We have checked this function and we don`t have anything like that inside theme. The only h1 we got is inside includes/header-top-area.php and header.php files.

2. This function can be related with only 2 files includes/content-post.php and includes/content-single.php but we don`t have this code there. This code is nowhere in theme files.

3. The same as in point 2

We have checked all theme files and part of codes you mentioned above, does not exist in our theme.
  • edited August 2014
    Then can u tell me what functions define the
    Post title
    posted time
    post author 
      and where they are found...  I could check with those functions and if it solves it will be helpful for all.

Or

Anything similar to or like follow would be fine to correct this..

1.    <div id="content"   ....

2.     <div class="post" id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">  <?php the_time('Y-m-d H:i') ?>;

3.      <div class="entry  ....

.....................I need the div classes
  • 1. This one is in index.php, page.php, template-portfolio.php and template-blank.php files. Also this function could be in some other similar files responsible for showing content but those above are the most important.

2. content-post.php file

3. This is automatic class that comes with wordpress but we checked files and have no idea where exactly comes from.
  • edited August 2014
    These all are wrapper contents,  I need to mark up the blog post content ...the above classes don't serve the purpose. Please get these functions related to the post and tell me if it is different in your theme ...
    1. php the_title() : 
    defines the title in the post... it usually accompanied with -title classes like single-title, post-title or entry etc.
    2. php the_time('j F,Y')
    defines the time when blog was posted .. it usually accompanied with class post date or similar classes
    3.php the_author()
    defines the author of the post.. it usually accompanied with class like theauthor, author etc.
    please tell where these php entities are and I will correct straight away. If you have any plugin for these error correction then please suggest that too.

• In usual wordpress theme it is define like these below, they define title, date and author.

<h1 class="title single-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<span class="post_date"><?php the_time('j F,Y'); ?></span>

<span class="theauthor"><?php the_author(); ?></span>

• So all those functions you listed above are only in files we mentioned above. You won`t find them anywhere else.
  • edited September 2014

I tried to look everywhere but I could not get hold of it. Can you suggest any plugin for Structured Data Markup for your theme. Or you have any extra plugin that can be purchasable ?

• edited September 2014
    I retested my post and got the hatom-entry errors even more than the previous time. I disabled all plugins and retested but the errors remain the same. This means errors are generated from the theme you have provided and also shows that your theme is significantly missing proper mark ups of schema and hatom-entry. Please resolve these issues as these are errors and not warnings so it will effect indexing the pages in search engines...

hatom-entry:
  • Sorry but can you tell us where have you read that theme is compatible with schema markups? Because our theme is not compatible with schema.org. We got it in plans but at this moment theme is not compatible and also we don`t know any plugin to recommend.
  • Ok I am counting on you pal, peer frontpage and post will not serve my purpose.. next update I hope there will be a fix for it ..
  • With next update it won`t be possible because it is quite ready but schema.org needs much more things to be done. But as we wrote, we got it in plans but queue of updates is long and we do them in right queue.

Thanks for your patience!
  • edited September 2014
    There is a simple way to fix the htom-entry errors ...

I think you can find the similar functions and fix it.

You can fix your theme for all search engines
  • Thanks for those topics. We`ll try to add them with next update.
  • Hello,
    sorry but i download a new version of BETHEME but the problem perist...

In the changelog was written: 

Version 4.6 - October 11, 2014 

* Added: Schema.org - new markups 

But I have the same problems. I use Yoast SEO. how can I fix it?
  • @ligend What problems you have? Please explain.
  • Exactly what specified above :)

This the error on Google+ Richsnippets

• @ligend Sorry but we have no idea why it is duplicated so many times on your website. As you can see at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?q=http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/home/ we have only 3 not compatible things. We`ll think about them while future updates but at this moment they are not available.
  • Ok thanks!