Help with images

Hi there - 

This isn't a specific to this theme question, but I am hoping you can help. I just moved my blog into this new theme and used the regenerate thumbnails plugin to resize everything, but the images alignment is all over the place within posts - left and center justified. Is there a way via CSS to force correct that? Or a plug in similar to the regenerate thumbnails?

Thanks, Patty

Comments

• Hi Patty,

if you will send us url to your page where you got it, then we can have a look on it and see if this can be done with css because we don`t know any plugin for that kind of solutions. Please also make a screenshot of necessary changes you want to do so we can be 100% sure what you ask for.

• Thanks for your response - I took a closer look and have some add - on questions. 

Here is a link to a post page - 

This image shows as centered when I click inspect element (chrome), but shows as left justified. That is the case in many, many posts. How can I get the images centered?

Also, an add on - I ran regenerate thumbnails per your suggestion to an earlier question but as you can see on the same page http://www.thesnugbugmercantile.com/granny-chic-fall-obsession/ The featured/top image doesn't fill up the frame. Is there a setting somewhere within the theme or wordpress that needs to be adjusted prior to running regenerate thumbnails in order to get the featured image on the single-post page to fill the frame completely?

Thanks so much!
  • Hi,

image is inside p tag and text-align: center; css should be setup for this p tag, not image.
  • I'm sorry - I don't 100% understand! Is there a specific CSS line I can put in the editor? Do I have to do it page-by-page?

Thanks! Patty
  • We just wrote what should be done from what we see in the code. We have no idea where you added this p tag (maybe it comes from wordpress default editor, maybe from muffin builder but you know the best where this comes from). And as we wrote, for <p> tag used, you should add style="text-align: center;" style.
  • Thansk - where do I add that style?

The alignment was set using the default wordpress editor.

Sorry I'm so dense on this one!
  • Probably you must switch between text and visual editor inside wordpress default editor.
  • Ok, so I'd have to go into each of my post (there are over 500), switch to the text editor and then add style = "text-align: center,"

Is that correct? Thanks, Patty
  • If you have used this part of text inside wordpress default editor then, YES, this is what you must to do. However we got one other solution as well but this will center also all texts inside. So if this is not a problem for you, then you can use below custom css:
    .single-post .the_content_wrapper p { text-align: center !important; }
  • Hi there - I finally had time to go in and do this, but the fix you suggested last (adding the .single-post etc,) to the custom css editor.

It didn't appear to affect the layout.

Also, I cannot for the life of me to get the images to center on the NEW posts, much less go back to fix the older ones!

What I would like is for the images to be centered and the text to be left justified - due to the width of my blog, sidebar, it looks very unbalanced with images and text left justified.

If that's very, very difficult, then I would be ok with the images and text being centered.

In general, though, it seems odd that the theme seems to inhibit the function of the native formatting in WordPress.

For clarification - 
    When I add new posts I do so via the WordPress editor. I can do basic things in the text editor for the single posts, but not a whole lot. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to format the posts the way I described (centered images/left justified text) using the theme!! Thanks, Patty
  • If you want to modify images positions or sizes you must play with add_image_size() functions in functions/theme-shortcodes.php file. And this is the only way to modify images that are on website.
  • How do I just center an image within a single blogpost using the blog post editor that is part of wordpress. I don't think it's reasonable to have to go into code to center an image in a blog post when that is a native function of wordpress.

Please tell me exactly what to do, step by step. I am not a coder, just a blogger. I can do basic things, but purchase a theme so I don't have to do too much in the code.

My HOPE is that the answer is to click the image and then click the 'center' button in the format editor for the blog post, or if that is not possible you can adjust it to allow us to do something so basic.

Thanks, Patty
  • Sorry but we don't have anything like that included into theme. All images included into theme are coded in file we mentioned above and this can't be modified with wordpress options because then theme won't work as it is working now. So or you need to modify files or you must use them as they are now.

Thanks for understanding!