Blog post issue - page not found

Hello there,

I'm trying to build my new blog but have the following issue:

Each time I create a new post, it get the same permalink.

When I try to preview the post, I get 

Ooops... Error 404

We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.

Am I making some mistake? I went through the docs many times but still can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi,

it looks like something is wrong with your .htaccess file (maybe file doesn`t have right permissions and can`t be overwrite with new permalinks). Please go to Settings > Permalinks section and click "Save changes" button. Hope this will help you :)
  • You guys are genius. Problem solved! Best of luck and keep up the great job. 
  • @muffingroup

I'm having the same issue as well.  Mine is however with Pages and not Posts.  Not that it makes that big of a difference. I did change / update the Permalinks just to be sure.  Still I'm getting the attached screenshot when I go to apply an update to a page.image
  • @CicorMarketing All we can recommend is theme/wordpress re-installation because we have no idea what else could be the problem. Also you should make sure that .htaccess file on your FTP got right privileges and can be saved because this file is responsible for permalinks that can be saved from Settings > Permalinks section.
  • I have same issues after copy from server to local computer. How to fix ?
  • Do the steps we described above. But if this won't help, we won't be able to have a look on it because it's your local computer.