Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Rocco demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

Domain migration - how to change Muffin Builder paths for images, etc?
  • If you build your website on localhost or maybe on other server and then you want to migrate everything, you need to read this topic! We`ll explain here how to change paths for images and other media inside Content Builder as it can`t be moved with XML file. We did tool especially for that.

At first please open functions.php file inside theme folder and before and closing php tag which is at the end of file:

?>

please replace with the code from the following paste http://pastie.org/8262016

After that, you can go to your wp dashboard and in Tools section you will get new tool called: Mfn CB Migrate Tool. Just open it and there you can easily change paths for content builder items :)

We hope this will be easy and clear for you guys!
  • 25 Comments sorted by
  • Ok I finally got it to work, but had to do some modifications in your code.

For some reason, the $old_url and $new_url was not referenced.

I think the main problem is that there's no recursive array search.

I did add this function at the end.

Also, I completely removed the meta item loop and replaced by :

$meta_value = recursive_array_replace($old_url, $new_url, $meta_value);

Hope this might help someone with the same problem!

Cheers,
    Julien
  • There isn't anything I did wrong, I'm quite sure.  I added script to functions and ran from admin panel.  I did the same process several times to be sure.  I run the script and it displays success message, "All set, Have fun" or similar, but still paths in muffin built content are not all changed. 

I would like to see someone make this work after everything I tried.  It's not a problem for us to change the rest of these paths manually, but I really don't believe anyone could get this to work as is on my db.  I like the theme, but I really think you should check out this script again.  "It works for everyone else" is not really a helpful suggestion, and I'm sure you will have more posts like this as time goes on and people change domains.
  • Hi,

After changing the domain, I've done everything I put in this post, and it does not work the muffin builder, what else I can do?

Congratulations for the theme
  • Thanks, everything works

Sorry
  • I can not get this to work. I have followed your instructions and my images are still linked to localhost. All queries in my database point to the live site as well yet anything done with the Content Builder still points to localhost. Short of removing and re-adding images in the content builder I'm out of ideas. All the Media has been uploaded correctly and is live on the server however the urls created by the Content Builder are all still linking to localhost. I have done the replace through your CB Migrate Tool and it did not make a difference.
  • Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I followed the steps there's still is some old URL in the code output.

I do not have any cache plugin, does Rocco comes with cache? I checked folder and I didn't see?

Where can I clear Rocco cache if it exists?

Thanks,
    Julien
  • It seems only about half of URLs changed.  Not sure what is up with this.  I will fiddle more as it's just local.

edit - what about full paths within "Muffin built" content areas?  Those image paths and href links seem to not have changed after manual find replace, interconnect IT script, muffin script, and migrate Wp plugin (which did zero replace because it found none after everything else I did).  Should I expect that, or should these tools be able to identify paths in your muffin serialized/compressed data?

We can live with fixing content links manually, but I just want to be sure.  In our case it was just domain prefix change.
  • Is there any chance the find and replace field labels are mixed up?  
  • thanks for delivering this solution @muffingroup - it doesn't work though unless you use the modifications to the code that @standish suggested. Thanks for providing this @standish

I recommend BackupBuddy as the #1 plugin for restoring and migrating WordPress websites...it will seamlessly migrate and restore every piece of your website, plugins, core code, wordpress application, etc. BUT, what it can't do is migrate over the content you entered while using the Rocco/Muffin content builder - which is why this Mfn CB Migrate tool was much needed.

For changing paths...another "best of" tool is the Interconnect/IT Search and Replace script/tool

p.s. @ivanjb - why don't you try what @standish suggested and let us know if that did the trick for you? 1) Add this form @muffingroup to your functions.php file http://pastie.org/8262016 / 2) Then add this from @standish to the functions.php file http://pastie.org/private/94uof77zbf6chemudx9eag# / 3) Finally, remove the meta item loop from the functions.php file and replace with this code: $meta_value = recursive_array_replace($old_url, $new_url, $meta_value);

• We're going live and fixed paths manually for now.  I will test the script again in local with old DB later.  Will try with those edits from standish later and report back, tx!  
  • Hello, I am getting only this error in the wordpress content field of Muffin Builder:

Warning: key_exists() [function.key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/storage/e/96/49/cmted/public_html/wp-content/themes/rocco/functions/meta-functions.php on line 149

Is this also related to the above? I have followed all the instructions. The other fields seem to be working fine.

Also, after the migration, my submenus stopped working - does this have to do with the theme or it's an wordpress migration issue? Any thoughts would be helpful, thank you. This is the url: www.cmted.com.br

• Hello, I am getting only this error in the wordpress content field of Muffin Builder:

Warning: key_exists() [function.key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/storage/e/96/49/cmted/public_html/wp-content/themes/rocco/functions/meta-functions.php on line 149

Is this also related to the above? I have followed all the instructions. The other fields seem to be working fine.

Also, after the migration, my submenus stopped working - does this have to do with the theme or it's an wordpress migration issue? Any thoughts would be helpful, thank you. This is the url: www.cmted.com.br

(actually is not live, so you can check the submenus problem on a subpage: www.cmted.com.br/profissionais)

• It is turned of - where should I send the ftp data to?
  • @standish You rock! Thanks that made it work...
  • After updating the theme to Version 1.2 , which was updated on April 15, 2014, do we still need to use the MFB Content Builder Find/Replace Tool when we are migrating the site?
  • Please sign in to see answear!