You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/post.php on this server

Hi,

I build pages within Muffin Builder and did not have any problems. 
But, when I started to create pages with more text, then the problems begun...
When pressing the button: "update", I have a white screen with the text:"Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/post.php on this server". 

I googled it and tried the following:

1. Deactivated all plugins that are not coming from the theme.
2. Gave permission 777 to posp.php and its roots folder.
3. Added the following code to .htaccess
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

So far, I still have the problem. It seems to happen when I use too many items or column items with lists or characters such as "/" or ":" 

Please help.

Comments

• Hi,

maybe you should increase max_input_vars variable on server's side? This is the common reason why longer pages with more things can't be saved.
  • I came across the exact same problem with another theme and after spending several hours I finally got in touch with my hosting provider that were able to resolve the issue in 5 minutes.

It was a server side permission issue (security setting) that I could have never resolved my self.

If you google it you will see it is quite popular as an issue but none of the instructions helped me but the server administrator.

Hope this helps to steer you in the right direction.
  • @JargonGR As you know, each server is different and maybe have different limits. Can you ask your hosting provider what exactly was the problem in your case? Will be great if you can tell us which variable it was exactly. Thanks!
  • I will try but this occurred months ago so I doubt they will "remember" the conversation since all was done through the phone.

I might have been lucky and talked to the right person at the right time, hehe.

My hosting provider has the max_input_vars set at 5,000 by default for wordpress anyway so this was out of the way too and have created quite complex forms and menus on that installation with no problem (they need higher vars settings).

If I get any feedback from the provider I will let you know by updating this thread. I will mail them.
  • Thanks for explanation!
  • Sorry for the late reply...

I did as advised, called my hosting company and ask them to increase the max_input_vars variable. After an email sent this morning, the problem was solved. :)>-

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Glad to hear @louisdicaire that problem has been solved :)