Apply Coupon and Update Cart translation doesn't work

Hi,

I have found that the text "Apply coupon" and "Update cart" are in english even if my site is in spanish.

I have also allocated the issue on /woocomerce/cart/cart.php file:

<div class="coupon">
                            <label for="coupon_code"><?php _e( 'Coupon:', 'woocommerce' ); ?></label> <input type="text" name="coupon_code" class="input-text" id="coupon_code" value="" placeholder="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Coupon code', 'woocommerce' ); ?>" /> <input type="submit" class="button" name="apply_coupon" value="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Apply coupon', 'woocommerce' ); ?>" />
                            <?php do_action( 'woocommerce_cart_coupon' ); ?>
                        </div>
                    <?php } ?>

<input type="submit" class="button" name="update_cart" value="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Update cart', 'woocommerce' ); ?>" />

All you need to do is change that to be <?php esc_attr_e( 'Apply Coupon', 'woocommerce' ); ?> and <?php esc_attr_e( 'Update Cart', 'woocommerce' ); ?> and should be back to normal

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Hi,

I'm using BETheme in combination with Woocommerce and after last update I get the same fields in English instead of German.
    I don't use WPML - this site is in German only.

Example:
    1) https://www.pauritsch.com/shop/warenkorb/ > Return To Shop
    2) Apply Coupon and Update Cart Buttons after somethin is in Cart - see https://www.dropbox.com/s/kam506e378imw0g/Screenshot 2017-11-15 18.06.22.png?dl=0

It would be nice if you provide some infos how to translate this buttons again.
    Other Buttons like "Weiter zur Kasse" (go to checkout) are translated correctly
  • Hey,
    those are woocommerce translations, we do not change them. They should translate to the main wordpress language you have set. If there are problems we suggest reinstalling the plugin. If the problem persists please also try to disable all other plugins.
    thanks
  • Hi,
    I talked with woo commerce and got the following answer:

One thing I noticed is that the cart page templates in the theme are quite outdated:

betheme/woocommerce/cart/cart-empty.php Version 2.0.0 ist veraltet. Die Hauptversion ist 3.1.0, 
    betheme/woocommerce/cart/cart.php Version 2.3.8 ist veraltet. Die Hauptversion ist 3.1.0, 
    betheme/woocommerce/cart/mini-cart.php Version 2.5.0 ist veraltet. Die Hauptversion ist 3.2.0, 

Additionally, the translation file is over a year old and doesn't have a base .pot file, so I'm wondering if there could be some conflict between WooCommerce and theme translations:

Screenshot

Screenshot: http://cld.wthms.co/5mlIBI

You may need to update the BeTheme, or check this
    with the theme authors.

Please let us know if that solves the problem.

Thx in advance for your help

• Hello,
    Yes this is true, to fix this please:
    1. Download the newest version of betheme from themeforest
    2. Remove the theme completly from your FTP and install a fresh theme
    3. Install and update woocommerce to the newest version
    Please remeber to make a backup before you take any actions. Update will not help, you need to remove the theme manually.
    It is important to not overwrite the theme files but remove them completly.
    thanks