Website crashes when upgrade to 21 version -SOLVED-

edited August 2019 in Updates & Changelog
Hello,
I have version 20.9.9 and when updating to version 21.1.1.1 the front is blank.
I use a child theme although I have not made any internal modifications.
Thank you.

WP: 5.1
PHP: 7.0.33

Comments

• edited March 2019
    Hi,
    Does the BeTheme works fine while the theme is changed to the Parent?
    Thanks
  • Sincerely I dont know. Since when I updated to version 21.1 and saw that the website went blank, I quickly placed the backup that I had made just before the update.
    I can try to do that test, but since I am going to do it (I will do it tonight so that there is no influx of visitors), should I try something else to take advantage of researching several options to do?
    Apart: have you ever encountered this problem? What were the measures to take into account?

Finally: I remember several weeks ago that in one of the updates (still of the 20.X) you said that several functions were going to stop working in the 21.X.
    Could it be something of this? (Although I have not modified my son theme for the moment).

Thank you.
  • If you didn't change anything on your Child Theme, then it shouldn't affect you.
    We changed some things in the Child Theme functionality, but as I said, it shouldn't affect you.

Please remove the Child Theme and install the new one from the theme-forest package.
    Also, tell me if the Parent Theme will resolve that problem.
    Thanks
  • Thanks for your answer.
    Before deleting the child theme and activating the main theme, do I have to update to version 21.1? Do you prefer that I do it the other way around ...?
    I am a web programmer and I have no problem doing all the necessary tests, but I would appreciate that, since it is a very particular case and that you can also solve problems, it would be great if you would specify what I do step by step, that there are several ways to get to the same site and I do not know what you think / want to do more specifically.
    Thank you.
  • My site breaks when I update as well. It works when I disable the child theme. I'm not sure what you mean by downloading the latest child theme? I created my own child theme and modified it to my own specs. I would like too still be able to use it. Why can't I?
    Regards
  • edited April 2019
    Do not reinstall the child theme, this will not do anything good.

Please see the changelog for the change that was made to child themes. Update 21.1.1

To make your Child Theme work again, you have to find and replace the
    'mfn_opts_show()' to 'echo mfn_opts_get()' in all of your modified files.

After that, everything will be working fine, we had to make that change
    because of the new envato rules, more about it here:
    https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481243#h_674316188621522302914837
    thanks

• I have a similar issue, my theme works with main theme but not with child theme. With Child theme I have a blank page with no a server error. I checked my functions.php file and I don't have mfn_opts_show(). I highly customized my child theme so reinstalling it won't be an option. Website is online and needs to be back as soon as possible. Please help.
  • I updated the answer above, it was not customer-friendly.
    I edited it, to be more understandable.

To make your Child Theme work again, you have to find and replace the
    'mfn_opts_show()' to 'echo mfn_opts_get()' in all of your modified files.

After that, everything will be working fine, we had to make that change
    because of the new envato rules, more about it here:
    https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481243#h_674316188621522302914837
    Thanks
  • What they tell us about support works perfectly.
    Following the instructions specified the update works correctly.