Updated BeTheme now it's not working right.

Hello,

I have enjoyed using the Betheme theme and never had a problem with it until now. I updated Betheme to version to 21.2.6. I am using Word Press version 5.2.2. After installing the update my web page worked fine on the Firefox browser but on smartphones and on the Chrome browser it does not work right. In Chrome it condenses all the lines of text to where you cannot read them and on the phones all the text is really small and you have you have to scroll down to see more of the page instead of the columns, just two columns, side by side.

Here is an example of what it looks like, http://www.ghostsofgeorgia.org/, scroll down to the text.

How can I correct this?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hi,
    Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check if the issue still exists.
    Thanks
  • I had some of my friends check their computers and phones and it wasn't working right on their devices either, so not sure if clearing the cache in my browser will help but I'll try and let you know.

Thanks for your response!
  • Hey Pablo, I did as you said and it did not help. Firefox browser is still okay but the Chrome browser isn't working right. I have to assume it is the same on the phones. Any other suggestions?
  • Is your PHP Version 7 or higher?
    Also, did you try to remove whole of the custom css code?
    Thanks
  • I have to check to see what the PHP version is.

I did not remove the custom css code, I just turned off the plugins and cleared the cache.
  • Please tell me which PHP version do you use, and try to remove the custom css code for a while.
    Let me know about the results.
    Thanks
  • Where would I find the custom css code?

I did find the PHP version and it's 7.2.-1+0. Also on the page it has a red X next to PHP time limit:     X  30 

It also has the red X next to PHP Max Input Vars: X 1000

Not sure if this is the problem if it is please let me know how to fix it and where I can find the CSS code. Thank you!

• I did find the CSS code area, there is nothing there.
  • Hi, also having issues with the theme ever since I updated to 5.2.2. I also tried to disable all plugins and clearing cache but it did not fix them.

Among others:
    • Now wordpress is thowing an error every time I try to check on old posts - saying that the site has technical issues. It also sends me an email with the following error log:
    Detalles del error
    ==================
    Se produjo un error del tipo E_ERROR en la línea 305 del archivo /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/theme-head.php. Mensaje de error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Mfn_Builder_Styles' not found in /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/theme-head.php:305
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): mfn_styles_inline('')
    #1 /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #2 /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-content/plugins/table-of-contents-plus/toc.php(277): do_action('wp_enqueue_scri...')
    #4 /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(325): toc->shortcode_toc(Array, '', 'toc')
    #5 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array)
    #6 /home2/creciend/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(199): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(toc)(?...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '

• Slide rev not working anymore (this has been posted in the Slide revolution forum)

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

Hi,
    Please check if your WP is up to date.
    Also, what is your PHP Version?
    It should be 7 or higher.

Thanks
  • Okay info sent via private message, thanks.
  • These login credentials you sent are not working.
    Please send them once more, but this time, please test them before you send them.
    thanks
  • Okay will do. When I made an account I didn't have an email address for you so I used mine, if you can't get in could that cause a problem?

• @Pablo
    I sent you another private message with an updated password. It worked fine when I tried it.
  • Please register your BeTheme first - it's realy necessary to get our support.
    Also, if you could ask your hosting provider to increase the php_max_input_vars to 5000
    Then we'll be able to investigate the problem.
    Thanks
  • @Pablo

I thought it was registered when I bought it? I will contact my host and let you know when it is increased.
  • @Pablo,

I registered BeTheme and waiting for the host to correct the other, thank you.
  • As Can I see, it's working fine now.
    Please clear your browser's cache and notice the difference.
    Thanks
  • Thank you, what was the problem and does my host still need to correct the php_max_input_vars?
  • The max input vars should be always set above 1000, preferably 5000.
    cheers
  • Okay, and what was wrong with the update to cause the problem?
  • The input vars was the problem probably.
    I did not do anything else.

Thanks

• Thanks Pablo but the input vars wasn't changed when it started working, and unfortunately it still hasn't been changed. I'll have to contact my host again to see why it hasn't been changed. The only thing I did was register, could that have helped make it work?
  • It shouldn't.
    These are two sepearate options - the input vars indeed should help, but If hosting provider didnt change it then it's really weird.
    He had to do something.
    Thanks
  • Thanks Pablo, maybe it had something to do with his servers and he fixed them. Anyway it seems to be working fine right now and I will get him to fix the input vars. Thanks for your help and if anything else comes up I'll give you a shout!
    I like the theme and enjoy using it, great design, thanks!
  • Glad to hear that you love it!
    If you have some further questions, feel free to ask :)
    Thanks
  • Will do!