Betheme update - deleted it's self and caused website to break - removed all files in home directory

Hi there,

I was updating be-theme, and I clicked update rev slider, and it delete my whole betheme folder in my cpanel, luckily I have backups, and was able to restore my website with out and damage.

Please see the email I got below: ( removed some links for security reasons)

Hi!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Slider Revolution.

First, visit your website () and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.3.2
Current theme: betheme (version )
Current plugin: Slider Revolution (version 6.2.2)
PHP version 7.1.33

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 15 of the file /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/views/modals-copyright.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method RevSliderFunctions::get_addition() in /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/views/modals-copyright.php:15
Stack trace:
#0 /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/includes/shortcode_generator/shortcode_generator.class.php(242): require_once()
#1 /home/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): RevSliderShortcodeWizard::enqueue_files('')
#2 /home/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/public_html/wp-admin/admin-footer.php(78): do_action('admin_footer', '')
#5 /home/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(290): include('/home/navarinos...')
#6 {main}
thrown

Hopefully you can shed some light on this, as scared to update any another of my other websites?

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,
    The BeTheme cannot just remove itself, it does not have any functionality to do that.
    Please tell me, which betheme version are you using? It looks like you deleted that information from the error message.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

After i updated rev slider, it completely deleted be theme folder. 

The version was : 21.5.4, i updated it to the new one 21.5.8

then I updated rev slider, and it shutdown my website, and completely deleted the be theme folder in my file manager in the back end on my server.

Like i said before, I have an automatic backup, so I was above to restore betheme, and the plugins back to old state.

Scared to update any website - incaseit happen again
  • Please tell me, is your WP up to date?
    Is your PHP Version 7 ?
    Also, if you want to update anything, please start from disabling all of the plugins first.
    Thanks
  • WP up to date.

Php v 7.1

Still unsure if I can update rev slider, as stated before it deleted my whole betheme folder, can you please investigate this issue as have 14+ websites on betheme.

Thanks
  • Please make a backup of one of the websites and please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks