Changes I make don't show up on my site

edited September 2015 in BeBuilder
I installed the Energy theme and all of the demo data. I'm making changes to colours, logos, layouts, etc. on my site and some of them work, some of them don't. It's very frustrating.

For example, restoring colours to default using the "restore to default" button doesn't work at all. The colours show that they have been restored in the admin panel, but no changes happen to the site.

My goal is simple: use the Energy theme and change the colour of the header bar to white, and change the images and text on the home page and other pages.

What am I doing wrong here?

Comments

• Update: 

- removing content from footer widgets also does not work
    - changing the header layout does not work
    - trying to re-install the energy theme overtop of the demo data doesn't work, I've lost my Energy theme by installing the demo data overtop of it.

Is this theme just completely broken? Please let me know what I can do to salvage this.
  • I was also having a similar issue, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. I was hard refreshing my browser and deleting the cache but still had variable luck with it.
  • edited September 2015
    Hi,

if theme will be "completely broken", then won't be available for sell on TF for sure. The answer is very simple - there is something wrong on your side and the answer is usually one - CACHE. Please stop using plugins that you don't know how they works because this is the most common reason of all your problems.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Thanks for the comments - I'll check if things are being cached, but I am hard refreshing every time, so I'm not sure that is it.

For this installation, the only plugins I have installed are the ones that are bundled with BeTheme.
  • @Wheelhouse Sure, but you have WP Super Cache plugin installed for sure.