custom post grid in VC doesn't show "portfolio" as an option

When I use post  grid to inser grid of custom post type portfolio, it doesnt show up as an option.  Only post or page does, and a few other custom post types from other plugins,  but not portfolio.  

Comments

• Hi,

because VC plugin is bundled into theme, may do not display some post grids. This is standard behave that some elements are just unavailable if plugin comes bundled with theme.

Thanks for understanding!
  • ive used VC with other themeforest premium themes, and that components works fine.  I think its an easy way to dismiss an issue by just giving that answer.  This is a very important part of our websites function, and it repeats on mange product pages, so we need help on how to solve.
  • Really? Which one for example? Please send us private messsage with access to dashboards where our theme is and where other theme is so we can compare them because we were talking with plugin's author and it is impossible to make this work when plugin is bundled into theme.
  • edited September 2015
    im just going to use essentials grid plugin since it has more flexilbiity.  

1) another question:  what widget did you use on demo site for the social media icons in footer?

2) And how do you add the email icon in bottom right of footer, that popups to "send us message" widget

3) on Home page and this page, http://meodedwallpanels.com/locate-a-distributor/    the search icon section in menu header is moved down below menu bar.  Why is this happening? 
  • 1) If you mean those square icons, we used Icon Bar shortcode for them.

2) This icon can be set under Theme options > Footer section. It's Popup Contact Form | Shortcode

3) Looks like it's because of your changes. The menu you got is not a part of our theme and that's why reason why it's below the menu. You can try to use below css but if this won't fit to your needs, then you must look for a problem inside menu you used.
    #Top_bar .top_bar_left { width: 1108px !important; }
  • edited October 2015
    ok great, all 3 of those recommendations worked.

Another question: 

1)is it possible to have my first row image on my home page bleed into header image area?  or if i want that effect (i.e. row image to continue behind menu bar) so i need to measure it out on my own and create 2 images seperately... one cut off at correct point horizontally for header background and the other for my row?

2) in the social action bar or footer, how can I add Yelp? 
  • Sorry but what you asked for in another question is unfortunately impossible.