Re: Button Shortcode Refreshing Page Onclick

edited August 2018 in Shortcodes
I'm using the shortcode for a Button from your shortcodes page to open a contact form slider called '3D Printing Inquiry' (button code below.) 

It was working fine yesterday, but I transferred the site URL from a development subdomain to our main URL and now when user clicks on 'Request Quote' button the page refreshes and the form closes. I think the problem is that the button is acting like a type="submit" button because the shortcode is converting to a <a> tag. I've added type="button" in the shortcode on the edit page but that's not showing in the inspector...?

How can I prevent the page from refreshing after user clicks the button?

Button Code in Editor:

[button type="button" role="button" onclick='wpcs_open_slider_4222()' title="Request Quote" align="left" icon="" icon_position="" color="" font_color="#1b4585" size="2" full_width="no" class="quote-button" id="quote-button" ]

Comments

• So I've solved this with JS by adding the code below. If there's an easier way please let  me know.

jQuery('.button_label').click(function(e){
        e.preventDefault();
    });
  • edited August 2018
    Actually, I need to target the class and specific page I was using the button on to open the slider, the code above targets all buttons being used on the site. Updated code below. There's gotta be an easier way?

jQuery('.page-id-4190 span.button_label, .page-id-3410 span.button_label, .page-id-3230 span.button_label').click(function(e){
        e.preventDefault();
    });
  • Hi,
    BeTheme doesn't have such a options what you did.
    I think that is the only way to do this.
    Thanks.