Menu is not doing what I want

Hey there,
i am trying to set up the menu of my new page. I have 3 problems.

I want to have some Menu-items to be blind -no klick possible. So I created individual links with "#" instaed of URL.
This did not work. It still shows the old navigation-item with the pagename. So I deleted the page. Than I had no navigtion-item anymore.

After trying so many things, my menu doesn´t get the wright sequence. In the menu-edit-page everything is ok. Live, the 1. navigation-item is now on last place. How can I change it?

The last navigation-item should be highlited with a button-style. How to manage this?

Thank you so much for helping.

Alexandra

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • I thought, that you might have my credentials already, as this is not the first time, I am writing.
    The page is www.webowls.at/intakt
  • Could you please answer!
  • OK, I set up a new menu, which is running properly.
    The only remaining question for the menu ist now:
    The last navigation-item should be highlited with a button-style. How to manage this?

Next question: how can I get a license for updating WP Bakery Pagebuilder. It says, that, when bougt with the theme, than the theme-author should have a solution.

Thanks
  • Hi,

1) To make your last menu item buttonlike you have to insert Custom CSS code into Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS

#menu-item-264 span{
    border:solid orange 2px !important;
    background:rgba(255,165,0);
    color:white;
    }

2) Purchase codes (license keys) are not included for plugins which are bundled into the theme. It’s because of Themeforest license & agreements. This applies to all themes of course. However, there is no need to use this code because the plugins are fully functional without it.

Something like “Free” version of a plugin does not exist. All bundled plugins are included with extended licenses and users can use these plugins within the theme without needing to purchase them separately. This is standard and according to ThemeForest rules.
    More information about the bundled plugins, you will find here.

Thanks!
  • That means, I will never need an update for WP Bakery Pagebuilder?
  • Hey there,

I entered the code, changed the color of the background an I got an alert, that the code is wrong and I could ruin something with it.
    My code: #menu-item-264 span{
        border:solid red 2px !important;
        background:rgba(238,75,56);
        color:white;align-content

What is wrong?

Thanks for helping again.
  • There i no such thing as "align-content", there is text-align.
    Try this css:
    #menu-item-264 span{
        border:solid red 2px !important;
        background:rgba(238,75,56);
        color:white; }

What Pablo meant with the plugin update is that you will always have an update of the plugin without the license key for that plugin. Just update it from betheme>install plugins.
    thanks
  • One more:
    The menu header is not large enough. Where can I optimize?
    www.webowls.at/intakt

• You want the header to be bigger?
    The height is set by the logo, go to theme options>global>logo and
    either increase the height of the logo or change the vertical padding
    value to create space.
  • Hello, thank you for the advice, but did you see my screenshot https://snag.gy/ZqY83N.jpg ?
    The problem is horizontal on the right and has nothing to do with the logo.

Thanks in advance.

Alexandra
  • Hi,
    I do not understand.
    You said that "The menu header is not large enough", what exacly do you mean?
    Please describe it greater.
    Thanks.