Portfolio child categories shown when Parent categories called.

OK - I have some Portfolio categories structure. Parent - child. And some portfolio items have child categories, while Parent is not checked.
And I want to sort (filter) strong according to that categories.
Is it normal - when I chose Parent category - all child items are as well shown (though the parent category is checked out) ?

To solve that problem I had to create plain category structure which is not good...

Comments

• Hi,
    Yes, it's normal behavior that if you select the parent theme all of the child appear.
    This is how it should work.

If you would like to display only certain categories (child categories), you have to insert their slug name in the "Multiple Categories" field in the portfolio item.

Thanks
  • Pablo, hi again!

I would like to display only parent categories, without child ( that is the problem - I do not want to show children). How to do that? Indeed impossible? can not believe ...

PS: I can display only child categories very easy - to chose Category -> child category - in portfolio item. I do not need to insert slugs, BECAUSE the parent category UNCHECKED in portfolio page. And sure logically - if I already unchecked parent category for child in categories structure - it should NOT  be displayed when chosen parent, but breadcrumbs should show the hierarchy ... As I think - this logic is only correct.

• You may be selecting only parent category in the single portfolio page, but you have already set the main category hierarchy in the portfolio categories custom post type. We cannot do anything about that. WordPress will always include this into permalinks etc.

The method you are looking for requres using third party plugins or theme code modification.
    We sadly cannot provide any further support in this case.
    thanks
  • OK, Pablo - clear.
    Thank you for support!