blog excerpt

Will the excerpt of the blog doesn't show if I edited the blog post with visual composer? or with Muffin builder?

Will the excerpt only come when it is written wordpress default content builder?

Comments

• Hi,

yes, exactly. Excerpts only come when is written in wordpress default editor.
  • Ah! ok. thanks
  • edited January 2016
    muffingroup  How you can display Title, image and Excerpts in the preview?
    It only show Title and image and not the Excerpts...
  • Hey guys, I've figured out a way to display the excerpt on the blog page only. Simply add a class to a paragraph in the default wordpress content builder with the display set to hidden. 
  • Simple solution, but having duplicate content would mess up your SEO wouldn't it?
    It's a very simple solution, but I wonder if it would affect your ranking.
  • Hi guys,
    Here is a nice and simple solution from  MIKarlsen , that doesn't require any duplicity:

I have found a way to solve my problem.

I'm using the standard WP-content section for my content. Then I select "Hide the content" in the Muffin-builder. Then I add a section to the post, and put in a "placeholder"-element + a "content wp"-element 

Now i can make my blogs narrower without breaking the design 
  • edited April 2017
    muffingroup I´m new to all this. But I´m getting by. But now I´m not getting to edit the "Excerpt" line. I don´t know how to get there...I´m using Be Press...and the demo is perfect...the "Read more" session is perfectly aligned but in my blog is all messed up. Could you help me giving me a step by step to edit that? Thank you.
  • @cicidiomas

Hi,

Could you please provide us with a link to your page? Also try to attach a screenshot, and more detailed info would be appreciated.

Thanks