Events Calendar and Featured Images

edited January 2016 in Other
I added the plugin The Events Calendar that is recommended on your product page that is to work with this theme only to have some trouble getting the featured image to show up in the header area. It shows a black header box on that page because the events monthly calendar view is dynamically generated from the calendar plugin using http://www.yourdomain/events but in reality, that page does not exist anywhere. So I looked all through the calendar products and found some interesting tips on how to add featured images to the calendar itself and for pages with different views but not the entire monthly default view that comes with the plugin. So I know you will tell me to contact the plugin developer which I have and I am hoping since you recommended this plugin, you can tell me if you had an instance where this problem existed and you were able to add the featured image to that page. I am using the journey theme.

One of the biggest problems with the The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe is that it does not use any shortcodes, so it becomes a pain to setup of pages that work with this theme:

Is there a shortcode available for The Events Calendar?

No, this plugin does not use a shortcode nor is one available at the time being. However, the premium add-on Events Calendar PRO comes with widget shortcodes that allow you to post any PRO widget (including the mini calendar) into a post or page.
I just got done adding in a ton of events and would hate to have to start over with a different event calendar plugin
 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/

Comments

• The featured image on Events Calendar pages can be added with custom css only because like you said, these pages does not exist anywhere. So if you will send us link to such page, we will tell you how to set this header background. In reference to your 2nd question, we do not know any shortcodes for that plugin. Please notice that this is the only plugin we tested and which works with our theme. We did never tested any other events plugin so we don't know if they would work.