Updated to latest version of BeTheme & Revolution Slider... getting multiple errors!

My version of BeTheme is updated to 13.5.1 and RevSlider is 5.2.5.3.

When I activate the plugin I see this in the backend:  
Slider Revolution error: could not unzip into the revslider/public/assets/ folder, please make sure that this folder is writable

This appears on the front page of my site where I have the slider: 
Revolution Slider Error: You have some jquery.js library include that comes after the revolution files js include.
This includes make eliminates the revolution slider libraries, and make it not work.

To fix it you can:
    1. In the Slider Settings -> Troubleshooting set option: Put JS Includes To Body option to true.
    2. Find the double jquery.js include and remove it.

I tried to find the Troubleshooting option in Slider Settings, but none of the jscript is loading in admin, so I can't open the dropdowns where I assume "Put JS Includes To Body" exist.

Please advise. Should I revert to the old version of the slider?

Comments

• Found a solution to this for anyone experiencing similar problems. First of all, hopefully you backed up the previous version of Slider Revolution. For me, that was 5.2.5.1.

The fix to set option to "Put JS Includes To Body" actually works, but if you're experiencing what I was, you couldn't select that due to it being in a dropdown:  Slider Settings > Problem Handlings > Troubleshooting  (the js that opens Problem Handlings wasn't working"

So what I did was revert back to Slider Rev 5.2.5.1, change the setting to "Put JS Includes To Body", and THEN update to 5.2.5.3. Since the js loads differently now, all is well.

Phew!
  • That being said, I'm still getting the error in the backend:

Slider Revolution error: could not unzip into the revslider/public/assets/ folder, please make sure that this folder is writable

I'd love some help with that if anyone has any ideas. I manually changed the permissions via ftp but still get the error.
  • Hi,

are you sure that /revslider/public/assets/ and all up folders: revslider/public/ and revslider/ are writable?
  • same problem here. all /revslider folders are writable
  • We spoke with ThemePunch already and they confirmed that the problem is on plugin's side. They left temporary solution in comments and you can find it on http://pasteboard.co/1ITGVkGu.png

So, because this problem is unrelated to theme, there is nothing what we can do and we all need to wait for plugin's update where this would be fixed. Tomorrow should be ready 5.2.5.4 version and we will include it with theme update and hope that this would fix issue.