Subscriber Capabilities

When I look at the capabilities of the subscriber role using a plug in such as "Capability Manager Enhanced", they have no capabilities at all other than "read" and also "translator" since WPML needs it. However when I log-in as a subscriber they have access to all the type of posts that have been added by Betheme such as Portfolio, Slides, Layouts, and they can Add New. How is this possible if they don't have such capabilities? I'm asking you, the theme developer, because this happens with the Type of Posts that Betheme automatically creates.

Comments

• Hi,

our custom posts were made by us and that's why got all these options and possibilities. Plugins are usually limited to default wp options/possibilities and that's the one that comes with theme are not included into plugins.

Thanks!
  • How can I then restrict access of Subscribers so that they can't see those Post Types when they enter the backend, and very specially how can I block their current ability to create new Portfolio, Slides and Layouts? Take into account that we are talking about Subscribers, who should have the most restricted level of capabilities.

Thanks,
  • The only thing you can do is turn off those post types under Theme options > Global > Advanced section. Please notice that there is no other way to disable them.
  • Then, as a future feature to what is already a great theme, I stronly advise that you make possible to manage user capabilities of your Post Types or at least limit access to subscribers, because you have created a theme with 7 different post types and it does not make much sense that the lowest access level (Subscribers) can create posts in the 7 of them. The second solution of limiting access to subscribers shall be very simple to implement in a future version.

Thanks,
  • Thanks for your suggestion!