Sidebar with table of contents

Hallo Muffin-Team,

I would like to include a table of contents (TOC) in a sidebar. The best example is http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/
This TOC even shows the active section according to the page scroll. The content of the TOC should be "collected" automatically, e.g. all H2 headers.

One approach was to use of the "Tables of Contents Plus" plugin which works fine unless the content is created with the muffin builder ;-(

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Comments

• HI,
    you can use our muffin menu to create anchor links but it will not scroll with the page
    thanks
  • Hi,

thank you for your quick reply. I am fine with the menu not scrolling.

Could you be a little bit more specific about the menu please?

Do you mean a static menu where I add  items manually and then link them to anchor tags (e.g. headings) in one page?

Is there any way to create the menu dynamically upon the content of the page?

If not, is there a way, for example a function, that returns the entire content of the Muffin Builder elements as one html string? I believe the plugins use the_content() function to get this from the regular editor.

Thank you
  • I do mean the widget called 'muffin menu', you can place it in your sidebar. We do not have any other option.