Featured images

Hello,
I'm puzzled on how to set the featured images for posts. 
I've set the featured size to a width of 1032 px and a height of 520 px. Then regenerated the thumbnails. 
But still the image does not use the defined size, instead i get an image size of approx. 890 x 504px.
The original image size is 1200x675px.

What is the logic behind this method. 

Please give a logical answer.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    There are many types of featured images in the theme, here are instructions for changing them:
    1. To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.
    2. To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media.
    3. To change the woocommerce images size please go to the customizer tool in wordpress and change it in the front-end.
    More information HERE

Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

It resizing the images for various resolutions and fit the one which is the most responsive friendly, of course - it will not cross declared height and width values.
    thanks
  • Hi pablo,
    Ok, i've set the featured image in the theme settings to 1032 x 580 pixels for SINGLE POST & SINGLE PORTFOLIO  and BLOG & PORTFOLIO, both set to Resize & Crop.
    In the Media setting i've set the large image size to 1032px.
    Then regenerated all images.

I made a image to the exact size of 1032 x 580px and placed this as a featured in a post but the image is displayed at 892 x 501px. This is not what i expected.
    What is preventing the featured image from displaying at the defined size?
  • As I said, it's resizing images for various resolutions - the size which will be displayed depends on the javascript, it takes the best image for your actual resolution to keep the aspect ratio.
    Script must keep the aspect ratio, this is how he is made by the default.

Thanks
  • So what your says is that the featured image settings in the theme settings are only there for the show. 
    The sizes you fill in here will probably not be displayed at these given sizes.
    Even at any aspect ratio you should be able to set the featured image size.
    It looks like some thing is preventing the featured image to be wider than 890px.

So what setting are necessary to display a featured image with a width of 1032px wide.
  • No, they are fully working but as I said, it's all depends on your width of screen and grid of your website.
    It prevents you from overlapping the image throught the website and keep it fully responsive.

The 1032px wide for related posts is way too big, it should display 2-3 posts, and in this case it will be only possible to display one, that's why it's decreased to 890px
    Thanks
  • Ok, i still find it a strange way of working. Never had this with any other theme that i used.

Thanks
  • Feel free to ask if you will have futher questions.
    Thanks