configure search.php in BeTheme

Hi,
I have a search box on my homepage that has the option of selecting category.

When a category is selected, "Air Canada" for example but the search box is left blank, a search results page is displayed with correct formatting and preview images shown for all posts. I really like how this looks.

example result:

However, as soon as a search term is added in the search box, the following issues arise: 
  • the search results page is missing the blog sidebar
  • the formatting adds text on top of my menu bar
  • preview images are no longer shown
For example, when selecting category "Air Canada" and entering "London" into the search box

I understand that there is a file called search.php which needs to be edited but I can't see how to bring its formatting in line with my ideal search results page. e.g) https://theluxurytraveller.com/category/aircanada/

can you please explain how I can do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hey,
    yes you are correct. This is the search.php file. We do not change anything in the search page so this is how a default WordPress search page looks like. We cannot really change anything right now about that, this requires file customization and custom coding which we do not support. I will let know the dev team about this, maybe something could be done it make it look better.
    thanks
  • Thanks for the update Bryan.

So presumably this category results page isn't a default wordpress page and comes from BeTheme?

I certainly didn't code it myself but would appreciate any tips on getting search.php to match it!

• The category page is the same functionality as the default wordpress - it inherits the options from the main blog page template (as every Wordpress template do) to not to mix layouts.
    Thanks