Locally cached fonts don't work anymore

Dear Support,

I have a problem with the locally cached fonts. They stopped working and reverted to the Google fonts. Not sure what happened but it also wiped my custom CSS in the theme options. I am using Montserrat fonts.

Grateful if you can advise in what might be the problem and how to resolve this issue.

Suzana

https://www.paradisoperduto.org/welcome/

Comments

• Hi,

Did you check theme options to see if this option was not accidentally switched? (Betheme -> Theme options -> Performance)

If it is already selected, please, re-download the fonts, save theme options, and check if the problem persists.

If this will not help, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please make sure that the data you are sending are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Dear Phil,

Nothing was accidentally switched. I was adjusting the font-weight in the be-builder on some of the pages when all the fonts in the theme options automatically changed to Poppins instead of Montserrat what I had previously selected. Then I checked the performance tab and noticed that the Google fonts were selected instead of the locally cached fonts. Plus, the custom CSS code in the theme options was blank. All the custom code that I had is missing.

I tried what you suggested, but I needed to first select Montserrat under Fonts in the theme options before re-downloading the fonts under the performance tab. The problem is that the custom CSS code is lost and I am using a child theme.

There is clearly an issue with the option to locally cache fonts, because all these problems started when I turned on this option.

I will send you access to the dashboard privately so you can see what is causing this issue. This option has already caused an issue with the display of the error 404 page, that I reported recently.

I hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks

Suzana

• The fonts are downloaded to your server, but the font files are empty, which means there is some connection problem between your and Google servers. In that case, you should contact your server administrator and report that. It is not connected to the problem with the 404 page because it is related to another option.

Betheme does not delete anything by itself about the custom CSS, so it could be affected by one of the plugins you use, or someone who has access to your website could remove them. Unfortunately, there is no setting to restore them. The only option would be to use a backup of your website.

Best regards