Why is site loading firstly in different layout

Hi,

Do you know why our site firstly loads in a fixed width and then changes to full width header configuration? In some cases I can also see icons and buttons firstly loading in a wrong color and then turning to the proper color. It seems that this could also cause unnecessary CSS comprehension and load times.

I added a couple of screenshots to illustrate the initial and final load.

Comments

• Here are GTMetrix and PageSpeed results. They both refer to excessive DOM (2872 elements) and to eliminate render blocking resources. I don't think I have done anything that intensive with BeBuilder, it looks like regular website to me.

• Hello,

Please turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

Thanks

• edited October 2023

Hi,

Tried:

1) switching to parent theme

2) deactivated all plugins

3) flushed cache all the time

It still does the same thing. It also happens on the product page, see screenshots attached. It firstly loads a weird look, it probably takes a while to get all the CSS loaded.

What I have noticed is that if I am using custom templates for certain pages and elements like the Shop Archive page, Single product page and also footer element, the site is momentarily loaded in some default values taken from the Theme Options and then the Template Rules are applied. This clearly means the site is basically loaded twice, all the CSS is loaded double.

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

Sent the details over to you. Thanks.

• We have made some adjustments to your website.

Please check it now and see if it is correct now.

Best regards

• Thank you! Header seems nice now! Can you check the product archive pages also, they are currently still loading the default orange prices and then changing to small grey ones and smaller size.

• Shop archive templates load their styles from a file, which is located in the Footer, unfortunately, there is no option to overcome this, and styles load with a slight delay. The smaller the delay the faster your server is.

Best regards

• Thank you for the info. It would just make sense to override the default CSS totally so it doesn't have to double-load. I think it makes sense speedwise as well, doesn't it? Can you add this to your to-do list perhaps?

• It is not that easy, but we will take a look at what can be done to improve this.

Best regards