Template issue for Single Product

Hey,

So wondering if I'm doing something wrong if the feature is buggy.

I want to use custom template for single product page. So under the menu "theme options - shop - single product" template is set to default then the site should NOT use any template, correct? If I select the created template, then the site should replace the single product page with the custom template?

I'm asking because I noticed the following:

1.) If I have a published custom template for single product pages, the site uses it if the value in settings is set to default or the template is chosen there. It only switches back to the default woocommerce page once I move the custom template page to TRASH.

2.) If you have two templates created for single product page, doesnt matter which one is selected in theme settings, the site always uses the newest. Say I have Single Product 1 and Single product 2(newly created), I set the template in settings to "Single Product 1", the site still keeps using Single product 2 for all products until I move it to TRASH, then it switches to Single product 1.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

1) If you create a template and assign conditions to display it for all products, then no matter what style you choose in theme options, it will overwrite it.

Custom templates can be left without any conditions, and then pre-defined styles from theme options will display unless you choose a template from the dropdown menu below.

2) If you assign the same conditions to both templates then of course the newer one will be the one that displays.

Best regards