Size & Color of Portfolio Captions Suddenly Changed

Hi,

I set up my Portfolio @ two months ago and ever since, the captions have been a certain, consistent default size and color based on my site's overall font and color themes.

https://f6a.128.myftpupload.com/cleveland-marketing-consultant/portfolio/

Suddenly today, without touching anything in global fonts or colors settings, or portfolio settings, the captions are bigger and in a different color.

I did research to attempt to resolve this on my own by installing this custom CSS that you recommended to someone else having the same problem, but it didn't work.

.wp-caption-text {

background: #f8f8f8;

color: #A6A6A6;

font-size:12px !important;

}

I also restored an earlier version of the Portfolio from the page's history, when the captions were as they've always been, but that didn't work either.

Please advise on how to restore the initial default portfolio items caption size and color or how to control/change the captions as they are now.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

Can you attach a screenshot showing what you refer to, please?

Captions for Portfolio images should not disappear because they never had captions, so I am surprised of what you say.

Are you sure you did not confuse captions with titles or something like that?

Best regards

• Hi,

Maybe I'm calling them the wrong thing, but by caption, I mean the content or description underneath every portfolio image.

I didn't say that they disappeared. :) I said that the caption text suddenly changed size (got bigger) and color, without me changing anything in the global or portfolio fonts and colors settings.

The above link to my portfolio should make it clear, but attached is a screenshot from that page that you requested. Please see the text under every image. Before this unexplained changed, these captions were smaller and in the lighter blue color of my theme, not this dark blue.

I know this has been an issue for others because I found a conversation thread where your colleague suggested the custom CSS I included in my first message to overcome the issue, but it didn't work for me.

• Thank you for the clarifications; now I get it. You refer to titles. 😉

The title is in the H3 tag, so it takes its sizes and colors from theme options and what you assign to this heading.

If you want to change the size and color without changing it for all H3 tags on your website, use this CSS code:

.portfolio_wrapper .portfolio-item h3 a{
       font-size: 24px;
       line-height: 1.2em;
       color: #213705;
    }

Best regards

• Perfect thank you!

• Oh one more thing please. I'd like to center the title under each portfolio item. I tried adding this CSS to what you gave me, but neither worked.

text-align: center;

OR

.grid-entry-title.entry-title {

}

• Please use this one instead:

.portfolio_wrapper .portfolio-item h3{
    }

Thanks

• Wonderful thank you!