Multi-language footer

I developed a multilingual landing page based on the Betheme theme and the WPML plugin. The landing page has a custom footer. Clearly for the footer I used a template and I used WPML to translate it into other languages. However, if I go to the main page, the footer is always in English even if I change the language.

So I went into editing the page with WordPress, not with Betheme, when it is in one of the other languages. There is a special field that specifies the footer and, since I translated it with WPML, I specified the translated version, then updated the page. When I do this the page uses the translated footer.

However, there is a problem: if I change the original page to English, the translated pages revert to using the English footer. It is clear that 'is a field that is not translated, i.e. the indication of which footer to use, but each time overwritten with the name of the original footer. If I knew what it was I could change the WPML settings to preserve it, but what is it?

I would like to point out that the footers are NOT duplicates and MUST NOT be, otherwise I will have to align them every time I edit the English one. They use the WPML translation mechanism; which is the right way to operate with that plug-in.

Comments