Befurniture thumbnails links question and Woocommerce catalog mode

edited April 16 in Theme support

Hi Muffin team, I'm creating a business hub website based on the Befurniture prebuilt.

https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/furniturestore/product-category/chairs/

I'm wondering if there's a way for the product thumbnails to direct to custom links on click. Currently on click it will go to the product pages, but on the website I'm creating, I want them to link to external custom links that are different for every product.

I also don't want to sell anything on the website, thinking to install woocommerce catalog mode. Is this doable? No price on display, so on the thumbnail it will say "Learn more" and each thumbnail will link to custom links.

Comments

• Hi,

the question is if you need WooCommerce for that. For me sounds like you don't really need it and can do what you like with regular pages. If you decide for WooCommerce, we have catalogue mode built-in into theme and this can be enabled in Theme Options > Shop > General.

• Thanks Albert. I'd prefer not to touch the pages layout and just go straight to add products when there's a new product coming. But I need the woocommerce thumbnails to go to custom links. Is this possible?

• As far as I know, WooCommerce doesn't have such functionality.

• Oh no.. what if I add the thumbnails as portfolio? Can I assign custom links on each portfolio thumbnails?

• Hi,

Yes, in the portfolio there is a possibility to add a custom link to the single project:

And in theme options you must set the Project link to go to the Project website.

Best regards

• Hi team,

I created the portfolio and have set up a wrap loop for the category terms.

Few questions:

1. It is displaying downwards instead of sideways (please see screenshot). What did I do wrong? I wanted the categories to look like the section above it.
    2. My portfolio thumbnails are still not hyperlinked to external website on click. I've set up the project link as project website. Are you able to point out what I did wrong?
    3. I need the portfolio thumbnails to have the same heights. Please help!
  • Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

Thanks

• Thanks Phil. The website isn't live yet. Can I give you access to the back end so you'll be able to take a look around?

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at https://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Hi Phil, I was able to fix this problem myself, don't worry about it. Thank you and just want to take a moment to thank everyone at Muffin for your great work. You can close the ticket.

For future Betheme updates, please add tags to Portfolio. Blog has them but I need tags for my Portfolio list too. Is there a way I can create tags for Portfolio? Or is there a way I can sub-group my portfolio categories?

• Thank you for your kind words. We are always happy to see appreciation for our work.

Regarding the portfolio tags, please leave your suggestions on the following topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

Best regards